I lost my Windows theme... apparently - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I lost my Windows theme... apparently

I wonder if that theme is blocked somehow? You can check if a group policy was enabled.
    http://www.dell.com/support/article/...dows-7?lang=en
    Interestingly, ALL the settings are showing as Not configured.
    I disabled the "Prevent changing color scheme" but it didn't enabled the greyed out themes. Should I "configure" all of them before going to the next step?

I also checked my laptop, which displays the themes correctly, and none of the settings are configured either. (i thought of copying the settings)

I disabled the "Prevent changing color scheme" but it didn't enabled the greyed out themes. Should I "configure" all of them before going to the next step?
    NO. Do NOT enable any policies. "Not Configured" means it will inherit any domain group policies.

Make sure to reboot after to make a policy change also.

You can also check the Themes service as jdc2000 mentioned, but I think it would be running if the admin account is ok.

AH!!! I disabled the "Prevent changing color scheme" as instructed on that first link you shared. Now that I rebooted, the themes are back in business and i can now set it to the Windows 7 as before.

Now it is as it was before.

Thank you!

Cool. Group policies are applied at logon, so you'd need to logon/logoff or reboot. I usually reboot to be safe.

Thread Information