When shuting down computer and restarting it seems to loose my user profile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When shuting down computer and restarting it seems to loose my user profile

When shuting down computer and restarting it seems to loose my user profile

I thought it was because of the Zeus Virus but broni says there was never any indication that it was there. Yet earlier today the ms warning alert scam hit again and once I got the web page to shut down I ran Malwarebyetes and it found a pupreimage that it deleted but then said the computer had to shut down and restart so I clicked ok but when it restarted it had droped my user profile again. Signed me in this time under a different name it said. I could do most things but get on line or see my files. I went into the control panel and tried the restore. It took forever but I did get it restored. Now I am afraid to go anywhere on line and am afraid to shut it down.What should I be checking?
    imadreamer2

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    Maybe the computer information might help us help you and which browser are you using would help too, please!

AMD A4-5300 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 64 bit operating system, ST310005 SATA Disk, ST330062 2AS Sata , Windows 7 home premium, Dual AMD processor, MSI motherboard with sound graphics and Nic card built in. 6 gb ram. Using Firefox. Built by my son in approx 2014.

MsSecurity Essentials, Malwarybyes, ADW Cleaner.
    imadreamer2

So it is losing your Firefox profile when this happens, or your Windows profile?

I'm guessing you are referring to this thread:
    http://discussions.virtualdr.com/sho...89#post1536589

when it restarted it had droped my user profile again. Signed me in this time under a different name it said.
    As jdc2000 asked, do you mean the Windows or Firefox profile?

Are you using an adblocker in Firefox or not? If not, I highly recommend you run uBlock Origin.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...ublock-origin/

Its a thread in the ICU recarding MS warning Alert Scam. I do use ABP ad blocker on firefox. And it looses my windows profile.
    imadreamer2

I went into the control panel and tried the restore. It took forever but I did get it restored.
    So you mean System Restore? So there was a mystery Windows user created?
    If you already restored it, we won't have much to go on.

Did you check the Event Viewer for errors?
    https://www.howtogeek.com/123646/htg...ou-can-use-it/

Windows said it signed me in on a temperorary user. I don't understand the Event Viewer and what it is saying. But it does show errors. As far as restoreing it I had to in order to get back on. Never had this kind of an incident before. Not where it said my user profile couldn't be loaded. Chris used the cd to be able to recover it the first time and this time I just kept going as long as I could get into the control panel and got it to recover again. But its a pain in the ass. Is there a way to print the even viewer? One is a DNS Client Event 1014 but that would have to do with getting on line wouldn't it, not getting on to windows 7. Then there is a Service Control Manager that says event 7036, in fact there is a bunch of them all with todays date not yesterdays when it lost my user profile.
    imadreamer2

Most of the information entries say Source System but some say uer32? The warnings say Kernel in yellow and there are some red errors Sourse Service and event 7000. One said something about a driver failure and another sounded like the time I couldn't get on line. Not about losing my user profile. Now I know why I am hoping to get a copy of windows 10 for my new rebuild.
    imadreamer2

Ok. It sounds like something corrupted your user profile.
    http://www.sysprobs.com/fix-temporary-profile-windows-7

Printing the entire Event Viewer wouldn't make sense. It would be more helpful to save individual events, rather than the entire Event Viewer.
    Right-click on the event
    Click Save Selected Events...
    Enter a File name
    Change Save as type to Text
    Click Save

Then you can copy/paste the info here.

Not sure which of th events in the viewer to save. I did go to the link about temp profile. I shut down like it said and it wasn't going to load. It said user profile can't be loaded. It was my picture so I clicked it and it let me in to my desktop. I did regedit like it said and found the profiles. There was only one and it didn't have a bak on it so not sure what now. I did say I should check disk on the drive involved but although I could ceck the other drive it won't let me do check disk on the one I need to do it on.
    imadreamer2

I feel so stupid.
    imadreamer2

You already did a System Restore, so you shouldn't be messing with the Profiles right now. Whatever happened to the your profile was wiped out after you did the System Restore. It's like the crime scene evidence was washed away.

That's why I thought you should look at the Event Viewer errors. Maybe there is a clue there.

I don't find anything in the event viewer that seems to relate to profiles. Here's one of the events.
    Level Date and Time Source Event ID Task Category
    Warning 4/18/2018 4:31:02 PM Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP 219 (212) The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device WpdBusEnumRoot\UMB\2&37c186b&0&STORAGE#VOLUME#_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_USB2.0&PROD_CARDREADER_CF&REV_0100#606569746801&0#.

heres another
    Level Date and Time Source Event ID Task Category
    Information 4/18/2018 4:48:48 PM Service Control Manager 7036 None The Application Experience service entered the stopped state.

They are dated today. Will look for one further back.
    imadreamer2

Warning 4/18/2018 4:31:02 PM Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP 219 (212) The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device WpdBusEnumRoot\UMB\2&37c186b&0&STORAGE#VOLUME#_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_USB2.0&PROD_CARDREADER_CF&REV_0100#606569746801&0#.
    Do you have any USB devices connected to your system? That seems to be an error with a USB card reader, or possibly a printer.

Thread Information