first gen surface RT

Thread: first gen surface RT

Hybrid View

first gen surface RT

I have a first generation surface with win RT on it. I heard you can update it to win 10. That would actually make it useful, especially for what I want to use it for. I hadn't turned it on since 2014, so it had a bunch of updates to do. It got stuck installing one of the updates and wouldn't launch into windows. I did a refresh and tried to do the updates again. The same thing happened. The problem is it has to do so many updates I don't know which ones are causing the issue.

Is there a way to install win 10 on a surface rt without doing all the updates?

No Windows 10 update for Surface RT
    https://www.zdnet.com/article/no-win...or-surface-rt/
    Microsoft will not be releasing full updates of its new Windows 10 operating system for any of its Surface devices running Windows RT or Windows RT 8.1.

Thanks for the reply. There seems to be confusion about it. I've found more recent articles that say you can upgrade to win 10, but the surface keeps freezing with its own regular updates. I'm going to try to do them fewer at a time, and if it freezes again at the same ones I'll just stop there and see if it'll work for what I want it to do.

Thread Information