[RESOLVED] Computer software resisting install

Thread: [RESOLVED] Computer software resisting install

Resolved [RESOLVED] Computer software resisting install

I am having problems re installing my HP 5660 envy printer after Broni cleaned my computer up for me with step by step instructions. My printer will simply not install right. The connection is there and said I am on wifi but when I try to use the HP software icon on my desktop to open the software, it keeps going to a device setup screen. I have gone through this set up repeatedly with no luck in getting the software to work. What is blocking this software to work when the printer has been successfully installed and shows it's on wifi?

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    You should wait and see if you're infected again. Though, if I were you, I'd get me a popup blocker software for your browser. I use one and so do many on this site. It's stops those windows open that asks you to open them. Many of those popups contain viruses and spyware.
    I use FireFox mainly and use Uorigin popup blocker/ad blocker.

Broni had me do another clean and it is cleaned. The problem I believe doesn't relate with a virus. It is relating to the HP software. It installs the printer properly but when it produces the desktop icon to use the scan to computer software, it simply opens to re-install the printer itself, which is already installed. Something is malfunctioning. It was working before I re-installed the printer and now it's not. HP says my printer is out of warranty and will not let me ask any questions or even email them. I'm just posting this in case someone knows something I can do to get the icon that gets installed with the printer installation to work.

Is your win 10 computer an upgrade from an earlier version of Windows that originally had the working printer? If so uninstall the printer drivers and reinstall them using compatibility mode to see if that helps....

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/run...tibility-mode/
    Don't believe everything you think.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

The windows 10 operating system on my computer came with my computer, not an upgrade. I didn't even re-install windows. I just started having problems with the HP desktop software so I uninstalled the printer and re-installed it.

Can you actually print something to the printer? If yes, it sounds like the setup software is somehow not able to successfully save the configuration settings you are giving it. You are running the setup configuration while logged in as an Admin user I assume. Try right-clicking on the software icon and selecting Run As Administrator to see what happens.

Yes, I am logged in as the administrator. I can print but I can't scan to computer using the needed software I'm trying to set up on my computer. The desktop software was always in the full version software but for some reason, it isn't showing up anymore. It is baffling.

Have you visited the HP website to see if you have the latest version of the software?
    Don't believe everything you think.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Yes, that is always where I download anything for my HP products as I believe anything updated will be there......So, I worked again today trying to get this problem solved. I removed anything related to my printer from add and remove programs again as I have done every time I tried this. After re-installing the software for some reason, the desktop software is now working. I cannot say that I found a fix but perseverance does prevail sometimes, I guess.

Thread Information