Need Help Badly !!

Thread: Need Help Badly !!

Hybrid View

Need Help Badly !!

I am presently fixing up a Dell Dimension 300 PC with Windows XP to give away & I cannot for the life of me, find a driver for the Multimedia Audio Controller. I have everything else & the system is work great other than no audio. The OS is Windows XP Home SP3 with all updates. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much .......
    Where there's a will, there's a way

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    Are you sure of the model number. I find a Dimension 300 XPS but that's only a Pentium. There is several mentions on google of a Dimension 3000.

Drivers and downloads for Dell Dimension 3000:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/...n-3000/drivers

Thank you photolady; that website had just what I needed. I had gone to a similar DELL website & it had all the drivers but the audio. I have one other problem but not sure if this is the right place to post, but will give it a shot. I had setup a duel boot system on this dell 3000. I have win 7 ultimate on & win xp . When I log into win7, I get this message:[ Error Loading C:\windows\system32\logil.DA.dll ] I cannot seem to get rid of it. ???
    I would also like to reverse the log-in whereas win xp goes first & 7 last. Thanks much for your time.................

Resolved: Did some research & found the fix. it was s Logitech issue. Removed from registry & all is well. have a great weekend.

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    You're welcome for the help!

I always go straight to Dell's website, and if the computer you're trying to get drivers for is up and connected to the web, Dell will scan that computer and give you links to the driver/s. Or I use the service tag on the computer to search Dell's site for the correct drivers.

Thread Information