E-mail address

Thread: E-mail address

E-mail address

What ho one and all,

I'm going to be pessimistic and guess that I will not get the answer that I hope for.

At the moment, my ISP is BT and through them, many, many years ago, I got a ***@talk21.com e-mail address. Everyone knows my talk21.com address. As such, it no longer exists and seems to go via BTOpenworld.com or BTInternet.com. At the end of the day, I don't care, as long as it works and it does. And somewhere along the line, Yahoo is involved!

But BT is expensive at around a £200 annual line rental, due for renewal soon. I have found another ISP who charge a similar monthly amount that includes line rental, hence saving a considerable sum. This alternative ISP is John Lewis, who are providing the service through PlusNet, who in turn, are a division of BT.

I would like to keep my talk21.com address but no-one can tell me is it will be possible.

Does anyone on this forum have knowledge if I would be able to keep it? Is there some way I can find out in advance of changing?

Toodle pip and thanks

Rex

Thanks. I had not found those BT forum links; useful and interesting. I did speak with BT and they said, use the Premium service. Also spoke with the proposed new ISP and they said that I will be able to keep the existing e-mail address with no problems. Nothing will change! I don't know who is right?

One of your links, that I did previous find states: If you're still using a BT email address but don't have BT Broadband or Premium Mail you'll no longer be able to create, amend or delete sub-accounts. These features are now only available to BT Broadband or Premium Mail customers. What does this mean? I only want the existing address to continue, I don't want to create amend or delete any sub-accounts. Guess I won't know until I try!

I know that getting a g-mail address is no problem, just annoying to have to change.

One issue with changing that does occurs to me; many, many web sites that i have bookmarked use my e-mail as the UserName. Does a new address mean that I have to reset all those log-in details?
    Last edited by Rekusu; March 29th, 2018 at 05:36 AM.

Does a new address mean that I have to reset all those log-in details?
    You could keep the old email address but if you forget your password and it needs to be reset by an email to the existing email address or the site needs to contact you about something like security issues for eg then the address they have won't work.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Quote Originally Posted by fink View Post
    You could keep the old email address but if you forget your password and it needs to be reset by an email to the existing email address or the site needs to contact you about something like security issues for eg then the address they have won't work.
    That's a good point -- happened to me once and it was super annoying...

Thread Information