No picture, no sound, no good

Thread: No picture, no sound, no good

Hybrid View

No picture, no sound, no good

My son recently gave me a 42" Panasonic TV to replace the 32" Insignia that I had in my bedroom. The Insignia is hooked up directly to cable via coaxial (no box) and after doing a channel scan, I get a surprising number of channels. Definitely suitable for the limited viewing I do in that room. Unfortunately, when I hooked up the Panasonic, I get nothing. It will let me do a channel scan, but there are no results. I'm sure I have the correct input selected. Any ideas on why this won't work?

Model numbers for the Panasonic and Insignia would be helpful. We also need to know who your cable TV provider is. Did they perhaps install a CableCard in the Insignia, or are they not scrambling all channels (most cable TV companies do these days).

I assume that you did scan for Cable channels, and not Over-the-air channels.

Turns out I was incorrect about the Insignia. It is a 26" screen and the model number is NS-ldvd-26Q-10A. The Panasonic is a TH-42PXG0510. It is a plasma TV. Could this be the issue? Mediacom is my cable provider and they have not been near either one of these TVs. The cable outlets in these rooms were set up twenty years ago by a different company and have always worked just fine. I scanned for both antenna and cable channels several times and go zero results. I moved this TV into another bedroom with the same set up and it didn't work there either, although the TV that it replaced worked fine. The TV works fine as a monitor for my son's Playstation, so I know it works.

You might try contacting Mediacom about this. If your old TV works without a cable box, I would think your new one should also. I could not find any info on that particular model. If you got it from a local store, they might have info on how to set it up with Mediacom also.

Possibly useful link:

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/med...468095609.html

Quote Originally Posted by RonJohn View Post
    My son recently gave me a 42" Panasonic TV to replace the 32" Insignia that I had in my bedroom. The Insignia is hooked up directly to cable via coaxial (no box) and after doing a channel scan, I get a surprising number of channels. Definitely suitable for the limited viewing I do in that room. Unfortunately, when I hooked up the Panasonic, I get nothing. It will let me do a channel scan, but there are no results. I'm sure I have the correct input selected. Any ideas on why this won't work?
    Scan for cable channel.And also call the cable provider so that he?she can guide you and solve your problem in a better way.

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    Quote Originally Posted by reedrich1121 View Post
    Scan for cable channel.And also call the cable provider so that he?she can guide you and solve your problem in a better way.
    And this thread is a year old, so I'm sure the OP has already gotten his problem fixed.

Thread Information