dual boot usb for windows 8 and vista

Thread: dual boot usb for windows 8 and vista

Question dual boot usb for windows 8 and vista

i want to be able to reinstall two different OS, windows vista and windows 8.1, from a single bootable usb drive. what software or step-by-step method can create a 32-bit and 64-bit system on just one external drive?
    is it even possible?

It may also depend on what you mean by "re-install". If you are wanting to re-create a fully working system with all updates and application software, creating a backup image on a USB drive using something like Acronis might be the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by jdc2000 View Post
    It may also depend on what you mean by "re-install". If you are wanting to re-create a fully working system with all updates and application software, creating a backup image on a USB drive using something like Acronis might be the way to go.
    when i can't boot into either of my pcs i need a way to get back into windows. i want just one usb with the ability to boot back into both OS's or simply to reinstall windows.

when i can't boot into either of my pcs i need a way to get back into windows.
    You could try to repair the installed Windows by booting to the installation DVD. Or you could do a clean install. You wouldn't be able to boot off a USB drive as if it was a C: drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Midknyte View Post
    Thanks for the great guide

Thread Information