MBAM screen question

Thread: MBAM screen question

MBAM screen question

Once you've discovered a bunch of malware let's say 60, the status/summary screen says:

0 of 60 Selected - which doesn't make sense to me - because it specifically states that you have not selected anything (when you have actually selected 60). Below that it says:

1 of 0 Quarantined - which also doesn't make sense to me, because you can't quarantine any number of 0.

It seemed to me that someone simply wrote that screen incorrectly so I wrote to MBAM and asked. I sent a screen shot but the support dude wanted me to reinstall and run reports when neither of those will make any difference to the way the screen is written. I can't seem to make him understand that you can't select 0 of any number.

Can anyone explain that screen?

Thanks - rev

Post a screen capture of the actual screen you are seeing.

I am guessing that the items are just tracking cookies, and also that you are using the free version of the software. With the paid version the messages would likely be different. The free version at one time required you to select the items manually for removal, hoping to annoy you into paying so they would be auto selected. However, without knowing the version you are using and seeing the actual screen capture(s) of what you are seeing, this is just a guess.

>With the paid version the messages would likely be different.
    Why? You still can't select 0 of 60 or quarantine 60 of 0.

Scanning now to see if I can get a screen shot to post.

Here you can see 9 of 9 selected but on the next screen, 0 of 9 selected and 0 of 0 quarantined.

If it had taken longer, you'd see 0 of 1 quarantined, 0 of 2 quarantined, etc.

Call me old fashioned but when you select 0 (of any number) you haven't selected anything.

When you quarantine 0 (of any number) you haven't quarantined anything.

This doesn't affect the way the program works, it works just fine but it looks as though the wrong numbers are being fetched into their containers. This won't change with reinstallation and reports won't reveal an error in the code. I don't see why you would get garbage numbers only on the free version. Garbage numbers wouldn't encourage me to pay for it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The first screen capture image says "9 of 9 identified threats are selected", and there are check marks, so that looks OK to me.

I assume the second image is what appears after the "Quarantine Selected" button on the first image is clicked. If the numbers change as the threats are quarantined, then I would thing things are working OK. The initial message on the second screen looks like the numbers are updated but the message is not changed to "threats quarantined". However, the software is free, so I don't think there is much to complain about in that.

Zero is a funky integer, you can't divide by it, you can't select it, you can't quarantine it and you can't print zero pages - the price has nothing to do with how wrong it is.

Ain't complaining just asking if there's some sense to it that I've missed. I don't think there is.

Thread Information