[RESOLVED] cannot see files in NAS

Thread: [RESOLVED] cannot see files in NAS

Resolved [RESOLVED] cannot see files in NAS

i have a pc running windows 10. we have an network attached drive. that machine can see files on the nas fine.

i just added an additional user account to that pc. that account can see the network drive as well as folders. but when it opens a folder, it sees no files.

any ideas?

thanks in advance,

terry
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU. 16GB DDR4-3200MHz RGB RAM. 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD. GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU. Windows 10. ViewSonic & Asus monitors.

Post the make and model of the NAS you are using.

PS. I did set the new user to administrator.
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU. 16GB DDR4-3200MHz RGB RAM. 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD. GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU. Windows 10. ViewSonic & Asus monitors.

It sounds like the permissions on the FILES on the NAS are not allowing them to be viewed, since they belong to a different (possibly Admin) user. Just a guess, as we don't know what OS the NAS box is running. Make and model of the NAS would help.

it's a WD "my book live". all 5 other pc's and the other user on that pc in question have no problem seeing it.

Can you log in as the original user, and from there view the files and folders? If yes, then can you add the new user in the usual (Windows) way to the folder permissions so they have access? Right-click on a folder and select Properties, then click on the Security tab and click the Edit button.

Possible useful link:

https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebas....aspx?ID=17632

i hate windows.

there is a shortcut to one of the nas folders on the main user's desktop. i copied that into one of the new user's account and followed it. windows then asked me for "credentials" name & password.

*scratches head*

i threw caution to the wind and entered the name & password of this new user. bingo! nas files now visible.

another of ms's byzantine ideas.

thanks again, jdc. you're the best (as are all the other moderators here).

terry

Thread Information