How To Instantly Install Windows 10 Updates

Thread: How To Instantly Install Windows 10 Updates

How To Instantly Install Windows 10 Updates

Hi I checked for windows updates and there are new updates but I dont see how to install them instantly, anybody know how? Thanks

They should install automagically.

Possibly useful link:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dows-10-a.html

The only issue is if one or more of those updates is for the Spectre-Meltdown issue, and your antivirus software is incompatible. If you are finding updates that won't install, post the KB numbers of those.

Yes your right they install automagically but dont it go by the time frame you set so it does not interfere with you? I dont want it to wait for any time frame, i would like to install them instantly. Or am i not understanding something here? Thanks

If you do a manual check for updates, they are supposed to install when found, provided your settings are set up to do that. However, with Windows 10 you really don't have much control of updating. Microsoft wants to control this, so any settings you have may or may not actually work, at least in my experience.

Having a similar problem with Windows 10 updates, I did a search in this website and came to this thread.

I followed the instructions suggested in the blue link someone suggested above.

It goes as this:

I changed the update times so it would not wait until 2 AM that I originally set to keep it from using up all my bandwidth doing updates when I was using the machine.

I got to : Click "updates" in the left column. I did that.

Click "search for updates" sort of center right on the pane. I did that.

It says the updates should install automagically.

For me it did not. I had gone home to let it update overnight since it takes hours to download. I came back the next morning and found:

"Updates are ready to be installed
    "[name 1]
    "[name 2]
    etc. "

But it did not download let alone install any of them. I admit that there was no one there to click the Download button that appeared I guess half an hour after I left for the day.

Did I miss a step in setting up for this upgrade?

Thread Information