[RESOLVED] what the Best search-for or find' program within windows 10 files in your PC ?

Thread: [RESOLVED] what the Best search-for or find' program within windows 10 files in your PC ?

Resolved [RESOLVED] what the Best search-for or find' program within windows 10 files in your PC ?

with windows XP it was easy- you'd go to start / search and key a name for file you are looking for and the PC would take off and locate these names of your files within seconds ..

But with windows 10 the main search bar next to start ( cortana ) looks thru a Bing or edge IE web browser and then locates the name on the internet., .

Not what I need .. so I then I right click 'start and there is a name called Search' but it does the same thing ( net ). , Not
    I then use the drop down box within search and locate photo' and then type in the name I'm looking for with the photo ( in my case I typed in 1993 ) the search immediately brought up on the net all the images with 1993 in it ..

Why is it the search or find feature for Windows 10 is so cumbersome and difficult ??
    Windows 10 Home 64 Intel® Core™ i5-8265U (1.6 GHz base frequency, up to 3.9 GHz, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)
    17.3" diagonal HD+ SVA BrightView WLED-backlit (1600 x 900) 256 GB - 5400 rpm SATA
    Windows 10 //21H1 (OS Build 19044..2251) 64bit //Google Chrome 118.0.5993.89 (Official Build) (64-bit)/ 16GB Memory/ AMD Radeon HD 7700 series Video Card//N68C-GS FX2.00 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core /[/B]

Normally you would search by name, not date. Note that there are 3 different Date parameters; Created, Modified, and Accessed.
    You could just search for the file extension, and then sort the results by Created Date.

try Everything Search. You'll need to right-click and add the Created Date field. By default, it shows the Modified Date.
    http://www.voidtools.com/

Thread Information