Driver for HP Scanjet 7400c scanner. Desperate!!

Thread: Driver for HP Scanjet 7400c scanner. Desperate!!

Driver for HP Scanjet 7400c scanner. Desperate!!

Desperate for a full driver for HP Scanjet 7400C. Checked HP site and informed no longer supported, and in fact, the driver has been deleted from the site. Afraid to download from a different, possibly unsafe site. Need reliability/safety. Thanks in advance, Jim S.
    Jim S.

What version of Windows will you be using this scanner on?

Win XP

Quote Originally Posted by jdc2000 View Post
    What version of Windows will you be using this scanner on?
    Win XP, either pro or home. And, thanks for posting back. Raises my hopes. Jim S.
    Jim S.

Am hopeful to be able to use it with Win XP Pro or Home. Probably won't work with any other operating system, but can't be certain. Jim S.
    Jim S.

For XP, you should be able to find drivers. The link below has info on various driver sites you can check.

https://www.lifewire.com/driver-down...viewed-2619205

Note: All downloaded files should be scanned with Malwarebytes and your installed antivirus software, just in case. It might also be a good idea to create an image backup of your system before attempting to install any downloaded drivers.

This issue illustrates why you should always download and SAVE copies of any drivers you need for any hardware that you have (printers, scanners, cameras, motherboards, add-in cards, etc.).

It also illustrates why I no longer purchase any HP products. A 10 year support life is not what I want to see from a major company like HP. It wouldn't cost them any significant amount over what they are already paying to maintain their support files.

I assume that you no longer have the original disc that would have come with that hardware.

Have hard drive with driver. Can I pull it and how?

Quote Originally Posted by jdc2000 View Post
    For XP, you should be able to find drivers. The link below has info on various driver sites you can check.

https://www.lifewire.com/driver-down...viewed-2619205

Note: All downloaded files should be scanned with Malwarebytes and your installed antivirus software, just in case. It might also be a good idea to create an image backup of your system before attempting to install any downloaded drivers.

This issue illustrates why you should always download and SAVE copies of any drivers you need for any hardware that you have (printers, scanners, cameras, motherboards, add-in cards, etc.).

It also illustrates why I no longer purchase any HP products. A 10 year support life is not what I want to see from a major company like HP. It wouldn't cost them any significant amount over what they are already paying to maintain their support files.

I assume that you no longer have the original disc that would have come with that hardware.
    I have the original hard drive, apparently in good order, but of course, the computer is dead. Is there a way to pull the driver for the scanner off the hard drive, and how? Thanks, Jim S.
    Jim S.

If the installer files for the scanner are on that drive, then it should be possible. Otherwise, it would be a major project to try to find the files and registry entries in various locations that would need to be transferred to a different computer to get the scanner running on the new(er) system.

Post the make and model of the drive that (potentially) has the files, and the make and model of the computer you want to connect the scanner to.

Thread Information