Mouse and Keyboard vanish when win7 starts to load - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mouse and Keyboard vanish when win7 starts to load

When we have a new win7 dvd shy would we have to burn it to another dvd? Just bought win7, can't afford to go to win10 now.
    imadreamer2

Why is MSI mother board really a Ryzen board? Oh I just looked at the box and it does say Ryzen on it. The board in my old computer was an MSI also so I wonder why win7 has worked as long as it has? Didn't do any work arounds..... I just wish I would have d/l windows 10 when it was still free.
    Last edited by imadreamer2; February 25th, 2018 at 08:13 PM.
    imadreamer2

When we have a new win7 dvd shy would we have to burn it to another dvd?
    You said you didn't know how to burn DVDs, so I was saying that I already posted the instructions.

Why is MSI mother board really a Ryzen board? Oh I just looked at the box and it does say Ryzen on it. The board in my old computer was an MSI also so I wonder why win7 has worked as long as it has?
    What do you mean? It uses an AMD Ryzen CPU. MSI makes motherboards for different CPUs, both AMD and Intel. Just because your old motherboard was MSI, that doesn't mean that Windows will work on another MSI board with a different chipset.

Did you look at the link I posted? Please read through the article first. Getting Win7 on a Ryzen board isn't straight-forward. Unfortunately, that's just true of Ryzen boards. Do you have an actual PS/2 keyboard laying around, NOT the PS/2 to USB adapter?

No I don't have a PS/2 keyboard laying around. I always look when I buy a new one if I can get a PS/2 because for some reason I like them better than usb but never seem to be able to find one. They come usb with the adaptor. Train always said the MSI boards were better and he kind of sold Chris on them. Every single one of the 5 computers he has built have had MSI boards in them.
    imadreamer2

PS/2 keyboards:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0075W8C8S..._t2_B000ICZ546
    $10

I generally use Keytronic units:

https://keyboards.keytronic.com/home...sp?h_ck=TTZ6K4
    https://www.outletpc.com/wz4186.html

MSI boards are good, it is the AMD Ryzen setup that is the issue. You would have the same issue with any brand of motherboard with Ryzen support.

One additional option is to install an add-in card with USB ports - that might work, but again, there are no guarantees.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ard&Submit=ENE

Yes I went to the link about the Ryzen win 7 board and it is very confusing to say the least. Not sure how Chris did his. He got most of the parts the same for both of our systems. His is working fine. I might have a friend willing to sell me a PS/2 keyboard and mouse when I get the money to buy it on my social security payday but from reading that link it still won't work . At any rate I am confused and so is Chris.
    imadreamer2

Train always said the MSI boards were better and he kind of sold Chris on them
    MSI makes good motherboards, but that is irrelevant. As jdc2000 said, the issue is with the AMD Ryzen CPU/chipset.

General Solution: Use a PS/2 Keyboard, if the motherboard has a PS/2 port
    The FIRST solution says to use a PS/2 keyboard, so it's worth a try.

Thread Information