Brand new wireless set up says limited

Thread: Brand new wireless set up says limited

Brand new wireless set up says limited

Brand new set up and no matter what (wireless), it says limited and I cannot get Inet access off of this thing. 3 dongles all say the same.

Any ideas?
    Win 10 pro.

What do you mean by "brand new set up"? Is it a new router? What dongles are you talking about? Who is your ISP?

What are the make/models of the devices you have?

We can't help you if you don't give us details.

all my other wireless off my routers work fine, just not this one. It's not the ISP and it was 2 wna's and 1 wnda netgear.

Oh...I do run DD-WRT on all my routers yet I have never had this problem

Ok, so you got a new laptop or desktop? You need to explain exactly what you are trying to do.

It's not the ISP and it was 2 wna's and 1 wnda netgear.
    That's still too vague. Like I said, you need to provide actual make/model numbers. What OS?

Did you update the wireless drivers?

OS win 10, Make of dongles...netgear all 3. wnd and the wnda. Versions? 3100s

The WNDA3100 has several versions, so you need to know which one you have. It's only an 802.11n USB adapter. Did you just buy them? Did you download the latest drivers from Netgear?

What is the make/model of the router? What type of encryption are you using?

What is the "brand new set up" then? Do you mean you have a new computer and you're trying to install the Netgear WNDA3100 on it?

aes-tkip encryption, routers don't matter because everything else connects, no I did not just buy them they are things I "get" (through trade) and yes I have the latest drivers.

Brand new set-up means a fully formatted pc that will not connect.
    These dongles work fine on my own pc.

To me "brand new" means new out of the box, not just new to you. That makes a difference when troubleshooting.

aes-tkip encryption
    Do you mean WPA or WPA2? I've seen issues with Win8/10 and WEP, but even WPA should be ok.

Just because other devices connect, that doesn't mean it can't be the router. Did you reboot the router?

Did you try connecting via a wired connection on your "brand new" system? If you can connect via wired connection, then at least we know the TCP/IP stack is ok.

OS win 10
    Is it 32 or 64 bit? Which version of Win10 is it? There have been several releases.

wpa2 mixed which is tkip aes. Now as further testing though, I think all the dongles may be bad. not sure yet.

put this POS Tplink in and it hooked up fine....all these dongles have to be bad. Not going to toss them yet though.

That's why it's important to tell us exactly what we are dealing with. Troubleshooting new hardware is different than working with used hardware.

OK the wireless units actually seem to be ok, This requires me to unplug the and plug them back in (yeah, extensive testing) So it is an oddity and happens with every PC in my house (7 of them). Kind of looks like I bought a bad batch of units that time. Got em dirt cheap so I can handle eating the cost. New ones work just fine. Sorry it took so long to get back. Feel free to mark this as closed.

I did check on win 10 and win 7 with various hardware configurations with the same result for all. Oh with different version of my drivers.
    Last edited by bchzd22; March 2nd, 2018 at 04:53 AM.

Thread Information