Prepairing automatic repair - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Prepairing automatic repair

I don't see a link in post #13 from this thread. Did you mean #25?

Since Diskcheck 4.3 found the HD, does that not mean the HD is good and the connection to the MB is good.
    I means the connection seems to be working. It sees the HD is there, but it's not a guarantee that it is good.

I'd create a bootable flash drive with the official MS Win10 media creation tool and then try it on the suspect HD. If that doesn't work, then swapping out the HD is a good move. Good luck

Sorry I meant post 25, I am creating a flash drive using the Win 10 media creation tool and will run it on the suspect HD and then if no good swapping it out and run it on the other HD.
    What BIOS setting should I use. Secure boot enabled or disabled, Legacy boot enabled or disabled.
    MCP, A+,Net+

Try the Secure Boot Enabled setting first. If that works, fine, otherwise you will need to use the Legacy setting.

Tried the secure boot settings with the suspect HD
    Chose Flash UEFI in f9 it went into the hp logo screen and froze
    Chose Flash in f9 it went into the WIN 10 start up screen with the 4 blue squares.
    Swapped the disks and did the above combinations, Same results.
    I have done other Win10 setups on other PCs and it goes into the startup screen and then starts checking the partitions on the HD. For some reason it does not do this in thi case.
    MCP, A+,Net+

That is sounding more and more like a hardware problem.

There is one more test that you could try, since you don't have any data on the drives. Try installing Linux Mint to see if you still get the freezing issue.

https://linuxmint.com/

You can download an .iso file for this from their Downloads. Try one with the Cinnamon desktop and let us know what happens when it tries to install.

Downloaded the ISO file and burnt it onto a DVD.
    The LinuxMint logo and a menu came on the screen
    Chose Start Linux mint. Went into a blue screen for few seconds then shut down
    Chose Start Linux mint in combatibilty mode. Something scrolled on the screen then went to a blue screen and then shut down
    Chose Integrity check - Blue screen and shut down.
    Did not chose OEM Install
    Chose Memory Test- All pass
    MCP, A+,Net+

That definitely sounds like a hardware issue if it won't even run from the disc. You could try the OEM install, but my guess is that it won't get any farther. I am assuming that the computer is long out of warranty by now.

Tried the OEM install, can hear the disk spin goes to a blank blue screen and then shuts off. Yes the laptop is long out of warranty.
    Thanks for all your help.
    Bye for now on this issue.
    MCP, A+,Net+

Thread Information