What is this?

Thread: What is this?

What is this?

What ho one and all,

Have a Samsung J5 Galaxy with Android 7. I have a Sudoku app installed, and the play screen has this little thing on the right. I make is difficult to select the adjacent cell, as I always manage to open something instead.

What is it? What does it do and how can I remove it?

Thanks and toodle pip

Attachment 15613

You need to disable BadgeProvider. That's specific to Samsung phones. The steps may be slightly different depending on your Android version.

https://www.oneninespace.com/disable...msung-mobiles/

Thanks for the links and suggestions. I first turned of a couple of background running rubbish but that made no difference. From one of the links, I discovered that this 'button' is called Game tools.' Disable that, but again, no difference.

Then another link told me that I can drag it to the top of the screen; that worked. It is now running but hidden and if I want to access, have to drag from the top.

Great, that make is easier to activate the cell without every-time, activating Game Tools.

Many thanks for the advice.

You might also be able to disable this overlay entirely if you want to - things like these usually can be turned off from the settings.

Thread Information