I have been beating myself over the head looking for a camera for my personal needs. I don't know much about video cameras. When looking at the specs on listings I can't always tell what things mean and get very confused.

Just need some assistance for suggestions please if you would.

Price range: $150-$200 < May be able to stretch a few more bucks if need be.

OVERALL USE OF THIS CAMERA WILL BE AND IS VERY IMPORTANT: Most of my recordings of video will either be at my home or at friends of mine. Other times (fare less than in a house) may be simple outdoor recordings ( not while riding my bike or sky diving, canoeing etc. If it is waterproof then fine but does not have to be) a back yard BBQ and doing a selfie video of my friends during the BBQ.

A very large percentage of the videos will be while I have gatherings of friends and family at my home or someone else home inside and we take turns sitting in front of the camera making memoriable moment videos that we can look back on. Almost like what you would have at a wedding. Guests sit in front of the camera and give the bride and groom well wishes and tell a little history etc of themselves or the event itself. Since in this case there will not be a photograPher sitting with the camera I need it to be kind of easy for the person who is about to be recorded can simply see on the TV (like a monitor) in front of them that they are sitting in the frame and not have to go to the camera then back to the couch and then back again just to make adjustments. If someone feels they want to make a selfie video they just walk to the camera, sit on the couch/chair/floor and start the camera recording (the more stupid simple it is to make a recording the more people that will do it).

I would like a camera that has a SD expansion (future - max) ability in the higher range so that I do not have to constantly monitor how much space is remaining on the SD card.

I don't need a camera specifically because it is capable of uploading directly to facebook, youtube etc.

Remote control: I most certainly would like this ability if possible other than though the very basic on/off, video/snap shot and maybe one more function. I have noticed that many cameras now are coming with WiFi capability. i don't know much about this function. Does it work like a remote?

Zoom ability: I know many have this function but would like it in the remote or can it be with WiFi ability.

WiFi: I would assume if a camera has WiFi that a specific app would have to be on someone's phone in order to use the zoom feature.

Low light capability: In case the room lights are low don't want people moving lights (lamps around the room) turning on more etc. Too much work.

Tri-pod ability: Important.

Monitoring (such as casting to a TV) showing in real time what is being recorded - This is the most important feature. But would prefer wireless so no one trips over the cord from camera to TV.

Battery life: Since some people when finished may not shut the camera off the battery may drain very quickly so either a longer life battery or an extra battery.

Shock resistant: Since it might be sitting on a tri-pod unattended maybe shock resistant in case someone knocks it over.

I figure that many of you may have had many video cameras in the past and experienced their abilities. Hoping this may help me in my selection.

Thanks so much for your time.