Windows Store Corrupt Cache

Thread: Windows Store Corrupt Cache

Windows Store Corrupt Cache

Hey Guys and Gals!! My old PC stopped working and I put it in the shop. They put a Different Motherboard in and some other parts like a new audio card a WiFi adapter, etc. When I first turned it on it wanted to update Windows 10, so I let it.

Please note: This is my wife's computer and is primarily used for games and Facebook thus the need for the Windows Store.

I stated out re-loading all her favorites like Outlook and Facebook, no problem. Then I went to the Store Icon to start getting her games. The Store opens normally, but when I click on "Games" it shuts down. No problem, there's more than one way to skin a cat. So I typed the name of a game in the search bar and up it came in the Store. It says I owned it but when I clicked to download nothing happens. This was repeated on 3 other games. When I went to the Store home screen to test other games, I got the same result.

I ran the Troubleshooter and it said nothing was wrong. When I went to Microsoft support and used their Troubleshooter, it said "The Windows Store Cache is Corrupted". Apparently, the Troubleshooter couldn't fix it. I've tried:
    - SFC Scannow
    -WSReset
    - Chkdsk
    - I reset the Time and Date as suggested in another forum
    - I came across something in a forum that told me to go to C:|users\Rooki (my username)\AppData\Local\Packages\Winstore_cw5nh2txyewy\Local State. The Winstore_cw5nh2txyewy does not exist on this PC.

Nothing worked> I can download the games by doing a Google search and getting them from Microsoft online.

I'm at a loss. Any Ideas? Thanks in advance!

Did you right-click on WSReset.exe and select Run As Administrator?

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/window...he-may-damaged

Actually I did!! However, last night Windows decided I needed a new version. After updating, the problem fixed itself. Thanks for the input and help!!

Thread Information