Google Earth

Thread: Google Earth

Google Earth

What ho one and all,

What is / has happened to the photos in Google Earth? Clicking a square link, used to bring up a photos quite quickly, then whatever changed and they took longer to appear.

Today, I now get a notification about whatever, and the advice to click the link to go to see the photos. Clicking is not doing anything, just a blank white box.

What is the point of an up-grading if the up-grade does not work?

Toodle pip

Rex
    What if the Hokey Cokey IS what it's all about?

Did you try using a different web browser?

Didn't know that GE is browser dependant; thought it worked without a browser being open. Have tried with both FF and IE and still the same, no photos, just a blank section where the photos should be, a Google message that says the ' classic Panoramio layer' is no longer available and a button to click to switch to the new photo layer, but nothing whatsoever happens.

Thanks for the link. That is pretty much what I am getting. I'm sure there are greater minds at Google than mine, but what is the point of closing down a service so that the new service is way, way worse than it was before.

I still have the red/blue photo place markers showing on GE; if the classic Panoramio service no longer works, why display the placeholders?

But what do I know? Greater minds on a greater pay scale must be at work!

Found the solution. There is a tick box under the Layers / Photos called Google Maps Photos. When checked, the photos appear but compared with Panoramio, there are virtually none available.

Thread Information