Those bells, those bells. Those blo*dy bells...

Thread: Those bells, those bells. Those blo*dy bells...

Those bells, those bells. Those blo*dy bells...

I own an HTC 10 mobile telephone and it operates on Android, version 8.0.0

I want to use a calendar with repeating aural (noisy) reminders, and to this end I purchased '3C Business Calendar', which as far as I can see is just a souped up version of Google Calendar, with prettier pictures.

I can live with both the 3C and the Google calendar except that when I have set an alarm (or alarms) I can't get it either of them to stop ringing. In fact, the only way I can quieten them is to cancel the item I want to remind to, which is a bit of a PITA.

I've tried everything with both the Business Calendar and the Google calendar but nothing works, It just rings and ring and rings….

Is this liable to be the problem of the HTC10, or is it a Google problem, can anyone help me?

Xavier

Have you tried going into the settings and changing the audio settings to None? The only problem with this is that subsequent reminders will not generate an audio reminder. I haven't seen any way to silence the audio reminder on a per reminder basis. Maybe time to submit an enhancement request to Google or 3C.

https://android.stackexchange.com/qu...n-for-an-event

Thanks for your response. I think you've hit the nail there. If I do change the audio setting to 'None', I won't hear anything at all, and I particular want to have audios to remind me to do whatever I need to do.

I contacted 3c and their answer was as clear as mud. I have no idea what she was trying to get across to me.

I think the problem is either Android or Google because the same problem occurs with Google Calender, but I don't know how to get in touch with a discussion Google forum (similar to this one this ). Do you have any ideas or a URL I can try?

I don't think it is an Android issue, it is just the standard method of handling reminders. They figure if it is important enough to set an audio reminder, you should probably be taking care of whatever it is right now.

Good luck trying to contact Google - 3C would be the better choice. What exactly did they tell you?

It's not as simple as that. You have the choice of setting several alarms, at different times; e.g. set one two hours before the event, then another one an hour and a final one ten minutes before etc. That's just the way I like to do things and having the ability to set different alarm times suits me fine. You can't cancel just one, you have to delete the whole event, and just one alarm an hour before an event might not always be useful.

Whatever, I think the problem is an HTC problem. I downloaded another (free) calendar called aCalendar and the same thing happens with their one, that's based on Google too. They say that as far as they are concerned you just swipe the face of the phone and it stops. Hmm. It is pretty suspicious, I can't see it's a Google problem and no-one else seems to have been bothered bv it before.

I contacted HTC and spent out two hours trying to solve the problem but they eventually gave up; the said it's a Google problem

Logic says it's an HTC problem, so I'll have another go at them over the weekend.

I looked at reviews and specs for various Android reminder apps, and I couldn't find any that meet your requirements.

Maybe one of the ones on this list will be helpful? https://www.androidauthority.com/bes...ndroid-654628/ I'm not sure if I fully understand your requirements but maybe one will be a good fit

Thread Information