We Transfer, blank screen

Thread: We Transfer, blank screen

We Transfer, blank screen

What ho one and all,

I have been using We Transfer (free) for quite some time, using my XP computer with Firefox 38.5 ESR. Last time I used it, all was fine.

Recently, I upgraded my hdd Disk 0 to a 1tb and having imaged the os, restored it back to C: on the new hdd. Everything (and I mean everything) is working well, programs, internet, e-mail, etc.

Yesterday, I fired up We Transfer to send some files and all I am getting is a completely blank screen, white all over, with, in the bottom left corner, FF telling me "Done." I have fired up in Safe Mode and the same. We Transfer sys.requirements do not mention an os, only the min for Firefox to be 38. OK, I am just over that but it was previously working.

I have also tried on my VM, again running XP but with FF52; still a blank screen.

Any thought would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and toodle pip

Rex

What version number of Firefox do you actually have? It may not work on 57 or higher.

Are you using any extensions or addons in FF? If so, try disabling them and see if that helps.
    You might want to test it with a clean version of FF. Try the portable 52ESR.
    https://portableapps.com/apps/intern...x-portable-esr

Do you have any other compatible browsers installed?

Do you have any computers that are NOT XP?

Am using FF38.5ESR and the We Transfer sys. requirements suggest anything higher than FF38 is good to go.

I tried FF52 on my VM running XP and still a blank screen.

WT support tells me that XP and FF38 should be good to go, but it is not. Tried running FF in Safe Mode and still blank.

However, WT on our W7 / FF45ESR entertainment computer does work.

If the work-around is to upgrade to W7, I would but it is a Dell, that although will run 64 bit, only has a RAM max of 4gb.

What I don't understand, one month ago, WT was working as it should on my XP computer.
    What if the Hokey Cokey IS what it's all about?

So what has changed on that computer in the last month? New software added?

You could try a System Restore to a time when it was working.

The only thing that has changed is as I mentioned in the initial post, I imaged the C: partition when everything was working fine, as was We Transfer, and installed a new, 1tb hdd. The partitions had been created using a USB desktop caddie. Then I restored the image to the new C: And everything is working just fine, exactly as it should, with the exception of We Transfer, which is not even an installed program, just a way to transfer files to A.N. Other via the cloud.

Have been in communication with WT support and they have been 'helpful' but unable to suggest anything as it should work with XP and FF38.5. Did Google search yesterday and found WeSendIt, which looks exactly the same as WT, same layout, same message, same position for 'Add Files / e-mail address' etc. It works so I will use that for the foreseeable future.

Thanks and toodle pip

Rex
    What if the Hokey Cokey IS what it's all about?

Thread Information