ESET Internet Security 3 user pack

Thread: ESET Internet Security 3 user pack

Hybrid View

ESET Internet Security 3 user pack

I have the 3 user pack of the Antivirus, due to expire within the next week.

I was wondering if anyone has gotten the Security version and used the code to re-up an expiring AV version without having to install the Security version. I have 3 computers using the A/V version - and 2 of them could be using the Security version, but the 3rd I don't want using that. I want it to stay A/V only, since I like my firewall I use on it.

Tried googling the info and keep running into a dead end. Seems no Q&A section at ESET either.

---

On a side note, somebody (Train) might recognize this username. I forgot my PW on the other and also the email addy I used with it. Don't have the sheet with me that has all my names & PW's for all the forums, now that I am in Florida again for the Winter.

---

Thanks for any info
    Hi ya gang....hi ya, hi ya, hi ya

From what I have seen, ESET Internet Security and ESET Antivirus are different licensing levels, so the licenses are not interchangeable. You would need to contact ESET to see what your options are:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&....0.CW0CP006Cao

Also, you probably have not seen this:

http://discussions.virtualdr.com/sho...p?274099-Train

Thanks for the quick reply and link about Train.
    Obviously I found which email address I used last for my regular ID and got my PW reset.
    Good thing I had my backup ID still in the system.

I had heard someone once say they were able to just insert the license from the full security version into a AV only install but that was some time ago and it wont work in reverse (ie: a new AV renewal/code wont re-up the security.
    There's a really good deal (Newegg) on the 3 user Security version - so rather than wait for the AV version to have the hot deal again I thought maybe I could get away with this deal and keeping the AV only installed and renewed.

I also remember the one time I got the Security version you didnt have to install all of it, like just installing the AV part. If that's still the same I could do that method instead.

I will email ESET on that info. Just figured someone around here ran into that before so tried first here. Besides I was overdue to check in.
    Thanks again.

Found my answer - here : https://support.eset.com/kb6584/

Quote :

ESET Windows home product licensing:

A license for ESET Smart Security Premium can also activate ESET Internet Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

ESET Smart Security is re-branded ESET Internet Security with the release of version 11.
    You can change products at any time, or use this license to activate ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

A license for ESET Internet Security can also activate ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

A license for ESET Multi-Device Security can activate ESET Internet Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus using this procedure. It can also
    be used to activate ESET Mobile Security for Android, ESET Parental Control for Android or ESET Cyber Security for macOS using normal
    activation.

I guess it's still up to customer as long as you buy higher cost item. Well that's good then.

Thanks for the update. It sounds like your plan will work.

Thread Information