Up till recently I've been doing quite well with Chrome being my browser & also for accessing my Gmail . I was able to put two related icons on my desktop [WINDOWS10] & could log into either one of 2 Gmail by clicking one of the icons. Recently, it got to a point whereas I could only access one account no matter which icon I ticked.
I decided to dump CHROME & go back to Firefox with GOOGLE as a browser. I deleted CHROME via control panel & then tried to reset a desktop icon by dragging the URL from an opened Gmail to the desktop. But by doing that, it still came up as a CHROME icon & would not open. I went into the registry & deleted the name CHROME as much as I could. There were some that would not allow me to delete. Going back to my Firefox/Google browser, I tried again to setup my Gmail. Still getting the CHROME icon.
The only way I can now access any of my gmail accounts is by manually typing in the address & password each time. For years, it worked great & now I cannot get back on track.. Any help on this matter would sure be appreciated. Thanks much ..............