GMAIL PROBLEMS - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GMAIL PROBLEMS

I think maybe I might know what the problem is . However, I'm not sure yet how to fix it . to the left of the URL is a circle that I click & opened, then expanded it further till it showed the cookies selected. The working pc showed cookies activated for this application. The other pc has all cookies greyed out with no way of correcting.
    Also the working URL has padlock icon (blank) which cannot be move to shortcut. I resolved this by using the URL on the corrupted pc. it worked in order to get the above info. When I logged off & then back on again, it went backed to the blank padlock icon. It seem now I need to get the cookies part of Firefox working. BTW, both machine do NOT have FF as default....
    Where there's a will, there's a way

jdc, I'm going to drop this for a while. I need a drink ) . I have taken both browsers, (firefox) side by side to make them as duplicated as possible. Even after I get through & get the save box to save the password for gmail etc, I still cannot get the shortcut icon to log-on. There has to be something screwed up in win10. I quit for now... Anyway, thanks for your time. I will check out those latest urls you sent & see if I can get it going. If worse come to worse, I can always get Chrome back on again. (Id rather not ) And there's still issue why I cannot log into this forum on that PC. Gotta be a win10 isuue?? Later..................

Have you actually done as I asked, and looked at the Target and Start In fields for the Desktop Shortcuts on both systems? If they are not the same, it is a simple fix to make them the same.

As far as logging in to VirtualDr, what happens when you try it? Post a screen capture of the actual error dialog box that you are getting. Even if you get a warning about the site not being secure, you should still be able to bypass the warning and log in anyway.

As far as I know I have followed your instructions to the T. Both systems seem to be identical in all respects. I've read & applied numerous ways of "how to's" on the web besides what you have suggested & still have to sign into Gmail. I did discover that its not a FireFox app. It is an IE or Edge app. Anyway, I'll continue to stab at it, whenever I have some free time.
    Lets close this post as it is getting quite large. Have a great day !!

RESOLVED !! I finally got it !! By deleting all cookies both present & past, all browser data, rearranging certain privacy files in FireFox etc, I now have a desktop icon, when ticked will take me directly to my Gmail...........

Thread Information