USB printer goes offline when it is connected to Anker 10 Port 60W USB HUB

Thread: USB printer goes offline when it is connected to Anker 10 Port 60W USB HUB

USB printer goes offline when it is connected to Anker 10 Port 60W USB HUB

Dear Experts

I have got Anker 10 Port 60W Data Hub with 7 USB 3.0 Ports and 3 PowerIQ that connected to my windows 7 Desktop

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

when i connect my canon pixma MP230 USB printer it goes offline , if I connect the usb cable to computer directly the same printer will be online again.

Is that because USB hub doesn't supply enough power to the printer,,,,,,,,,,,,I have experienced the same issue before

Thanks

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    Most printer documentation will tell you to connect directly to the computer's USB not to a hub.

Most printer documentation will tell you to connect directly to the computer's USB not to a hub.
    Learned something new,,,can you kindly refer me to any online resource for this fact ?
    Regards

Just one example in the Canon support forum:
    http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Pr...-do/td-p/20545
    For testing purposes, please try plugging the printer directly to a Wall outlet. If the issue persists, please try using a different USB cable and ensure that the cable is connected to the USB port on the back area of the printer. Also, ensure that the USB cable is connected directly to the computer and not through any USB hubs or extension cables.
    It has nothing to do with power, because the hub is not powering the printer. That would be an issue for external hard drives that don't have an AC adapter.

Thread Information