Loop Restart - New Build

Thread: Loop Restart - New Build

Loop Restart - New Build

Hello,

I have just built a new comp for a friend and running into an issue... after a fairly inconsistent, but short, amount of time the computer shuts off and gets into a restart loop just after the bios posts. I can usually shut it down manually, wait a few minutes and it will boot up to windows and even install some things for a bit. Inevitably it will shut off and start the loop again. I have tried taking out one stick of memory, swapping them and even changing the slots to different places and each time it works for a bit, but then does the loop.

I also just read that the memory that they sold me at Micro Center... EVGA brand does not show up on the compatibility list for the motherboard. Would this be a possible cause for this symptom? Any other reason to suspect that the ram is not the issue and maybe the mb is faulty?

I have also flashed the bios on the mb to the most current version as well.

Sys specs.
    MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon
    EVGA 8GX-D4-3200-MR 16Gb (8GbX2) PC4-25600 CL 16-18-18-38-1-35
    Intel Core i7 7700 Kaby Lake Quad Core 4.2 ghz
    Samsung 850 evo 500gb
    Toshiba 5tb
    EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 ti SC Gaming 4gb Gddr5
    Windows 10 Home

HEAT, could be causing this. Might redo the thermal paste for the cpu.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

i thought that too. initially... i checked the temps in the bios and it hovers consistently at 30-33 C.

That doesn't sound like the typical memory issue symptoms. You could try checking Event Viewer to see if anything shows up there. Also, what happens if you boot into Safe Mode? What happens if you boot from a live Linux disc or USB drive? What happens if you boot into the BIOS setup and stay there?

Thread Information