[RESOLVED] wireless wifi problems one device please read/ help thanks ! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [RESOLVED] wireless wifi problems one device please read/ help thanks !

so I took this laptop in to a professional shop ( and they reinstalled windows 10 and got me back on the net charged me over $140.. and guess what?
    no internet again! .. been struggling with this for over an hour and half .. reboot ,, no go .. installed software drivers for an usb wifi stick no go install Ethernet wire no go .. and all these scenarios report you are connected but can't seem to find any web site.. i have a half dozen photos showing my connection with no connection in place..
    I told the technician at the shop.. I can reinstall windows 10 as many as 4 times - even a clean install , and after a week no connection ... there has to be another on his planet with the same scenario and hopefully a fix...

Now i could ... reinstall windows ( again) and guess what will happen/ voila Internet for may be a week..

this shop I took it to last week also reinstalled windows and then reported to me Fixed .. Please pay on your way out .. Well I told the guy I could have done this again ,, but the situation is back again after a week..

and no I don't have any virus's and besides that - what type of virus would want to take over your PC if it can't connect to the network.??
    Windows 10 Home 64 Intel® Core™ i5-8265U (1.6 GHz base frequency, up to 3.9 GHz, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)
    17.3" diagonal HD+ SVA BrightView WLED-backlit (1600 x 900) 256 GB - 5400 rpm SATA
    Windows 10 //21H1 (OS Build 19044..2251) 64bit //Google Chrome 118.0.5993.89 (Official Build) (64-bit)/ 16GB Memory/ AMD Radeon HD 7700 series Video Card//N68C-GS FX2.00 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core /[/B]

So your wired connection is not working either? To test this, disable the wireless connection and see if you can connect to the internet. If there is no wired internet access with the wireless connection and hardware disabled, then it is time to verify that all of the hardware is working.

To verify that you have good hardware and the problem is software related, you can make a bootable CD/DVD or USB flash drive of a bootable Linux installation. Boot from that and see if you have internet access (wired or wireless).

Links:

https://mintguide.org/tools/317-make...inux-mint.html

http://dailylinuxuser.com/2014/05/ho...-mint-usb.html

https://www.lifewire.com/create-uefi...nt-usb-2202084

https://www.zdnet.com/article/how-to...ur-windows-pc/

Update : Turns out after another round of inspections at the local laptop shop.. My VPN software ( won't mention any brand name) turns out to be the culprit.. The vpn software is designed to hide my IP address but what it was doing was after a few weeks or less it slowly turned OFF my internet altogether .., I know it sounds strange and unusual but have removed the software thru the add/ remove area of control panel rebooted and reset my network to my in house router and will monitor the situation without the use of the aforementioned software.. Have also extended a trouble shooting ticket to the firm involved and will see what their feedback is as well. It may have been their last update a few weeks back that is the problem too .. (any private messages to me I will reveal the name of the VPN software ..)
    Windows 10 Home 64 Intel® Core™ i5-8265U (1.6 GHz base frequency, up to 3.9 GHz, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)
    17.3" diagonal HD+ SVA BrightView WLED-backlit (1600 x 900) 256 GB - 5400 rpm SATA
    Windows 10 //21H1 (OS Build 19044..2251) 64bit //Google Chrome 118.0.5993.89 (Official Build) (64-bit)/ 16GB Memory/ AMD Radeon HD 7700 series Video Card//N68C-GS FX2.00 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core /[/B]

Aaaah - VPN software. If we had known that you were using VPN software to start with, we could probably have located your trouble much faster. It pays to supply details like that when looking for assistance.

2018 VPN reviews:

http://www.zdnet.com/article/vpn-ser...-the-internet/

I have IPVanish installed on my systems and have not had any issues with it blocking my access.

Problem found fixed and cured .. It was an ap I was using that did not like your wifi / ethernet to stay connected .. It took a while to narrow it down but it was BitLord.

I used another trusted program for many years but when I changed to bitlord last year is when the problems started to show up a few weeks later which made it harder to determine the problem ..

an update to this old post .. i have found the reason to my woes .. I use a program called Windscribe ( VPN software) it is that software which works great in assigning me a differnat IP address .. when I reboot the PC after closing the PC (laptop) down when staring up it stil for what ever reason keeps the perimeters of the VPN in check therefore no connection to my wifi which then of course means no connection I have to manually link my wifi and get the handshake going again .

Thread Information