Install SATA Drivers??

Thread: Install SATA Drivers??

Install SATA Drivers??

I have to admit : that getting info on this forum is Like having an umbrella handy on a rainy day! Now that I blew all that smoke ). Here's my problem: I'm working on an ACER T650. I was not able to install an OS because I was using a SATA HD. So I purchased a SATA/IDE converter & proceeded to install the OS. Job completed. Now I want to remove the SATA/IDE adapter & go SATA. In 0rder to do that, I have to install SATA drivers of which I got from ACER. However, the driver is not an executable file. It came as a zip file which I extracted & this is what I have: a TXTSETUP.OEM file, a m5287.sys file, a M5287.INF file, 287.ca m5at file & a Disk1 file
    What do I need to do to incorporate them into the system. ?? Thanks for yer time .......
    Where there's a will, there's a way

It came as a zip file which I extracted & this is what I have: a TXTSETUP.OEM file, a m5287.sys file, a M5287.INF file, 287.ca m5at file & a Disk1 file
    That's for adding the drivers during installation. Does Device Manager see the SATA controller? You can try installing the driver using the .inf file. Usually, you need to do at least a repair install when switching hard drive controllers, but I've never tried it with a SATA to IDE adapter. Maybe you'll get lucky.

If you are going to do a clean install, on step 10, there is a "Load Driver" option. That's where you would load the SATA drivers.
    https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-clea...dows-7-2624917

Thanks Midknyte; I had loaded winxp & got it activated & had planned to upgrade to Win 7. However, I would still have to retain the SATA/IDE adapter to do the install. Would Win7 have the SATA drivers so that after the install, I could pull the adapter? It seems like working with DOS , one could somehow add these SATA drivers. I haven't work with Dos in many years & would'nt know where to start if I could.....
    You mentioned step 10 of the lifewire website. Being that I have those drivers on a thumb drive, I'm not sure if that would work ??

UPDATE, UPDATE.... RESOLVED.. Midknyte, you had mentioned device manager of which I overlooked. I went into DM & noticed one yellow tagged item which was Raid Controller. I did an update driver & directed it to a desktop folder holding the drivers & viola, it took .... I pulled the adapter & it worked like a charm....Thanks again....

Would Win7 have the SATA drivers so that after the install, I could pull the adapter?
    I can't say for sure, but you can give it a try. If not, you would load the SATA drivers from the "Load Drivers" option.

Being that I have those drivers on a thumb drive, I'm not sure if that would work ??
    You can have the drivers on a flash drive.

Are you sure you have the SATA drivers for the ATI Xpress 200 on Win7? I only see drivers up to Vista listed.
    http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

I can't for sure answer that at this time. It did boot up after pulling the adapter. To late to pursue it any further this PM. Will check further tomorrow......g'nite

Just saw your other post. Looks like the driver worked. Since Win7 didn't detect it automatically, you'd need to do the "Load Drivers" step.

Thread Information