Adobe Reader DC Status icons pane help

Thread: Adobe Reader DC Status icons pane help

Adobe Reader DC Status icons pane help

If anyone knows how to get Adobe Reader DC to ALWAYS show the left side status icons, as seen in the attached image, ideas would be appreciated. Some .pdf files close this pane, requiring you to re-open it, which is quite annoying. There should be a setting somewhere, either on Adobe Reader DC Preferences, or in the offending .pdf documents, that controls this behavior. I have not been able to locate anything so far, so assistance would be helpful. Thanks.

Note that I don NOT want to see page thumbnails or bookmarks, only the icons. This is especially helpful if the .pdf file is locked - I need to see the Lock icon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Update:

This appears to be a .pdf document setting. Some documents will open with the preference I have saved, others will close the icons pane when opened. I still have not found the document setting that controls this however.

OK,

After some experimenting, it looks like you need to set the Initial View setting to "Bookmarks Panel and Page" on the offending .pdf file(s) to get the desired result. I have only tried on one file so far, so this may not be completely Resolved as yet. Additional ideas would still be appreciated.

Additional information:

It looks like any .pdf file created with Adobe Acrobat DC or equivalent software will default to open in Page Only mode, which will override the user's Adobe Reader DC setting and close the icons pane. Changing thousands of .pdf files is not really an option, so a solution that could restore the Adobe Reader DC users' setting would be what is needed to resolve this issue.

Thread Information