Windows 7 look disappeared on Windows10

Thread: Windows 7 look disappeared on Windows10

Windows 7 look disappeared on Windows10

I had the old windows 7 look to my desktop with icons and a familiar look to it.
    Don't know what I did wrong but suddenly I have the windows 10 theme with the tiles which I hate.
    How can I get the 7 look back again? I looked in the documents section and all the icons
    I want are there but how do I get them to desktop again?
    Please help this old gal.
    Texas1937

Did you install something like ClassicShell or Start10 previously?
    If you did, you may have to re-install it to get your desktop back. However, before you try that, look through your Windows 10 "Start Menu" to see if you can find the software you were using. Microsoft may have just changed the setting to have it use their Desktop.

Microsoft wants you to learn a new user interface every few months, since they think you have nothing better to do, so they helpfully remove any customizations you might install when they "update" Windows.

Thanks JDC . I finally discovered it was in tablet mode. I took it out of tablet mode and everythibg was normal again.
    You are right ,strange things happen when we get updates from Microsoft.

Thank you, JDC. This windows 10 has so darn many settings. I wonder if I will ever be really familiar with it and be able to fix a problem in a timely manner. Thank goodness we have this site to get help.

Thread Information