[RESOLVED] Lost My Sound - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [RESOLVED] Lost My Sound

So which sound card are you using now? If you're using the Creative SB, then you should choose that as the default playback device.

If I go to "manage audio devices" then "sound" there is a checkmark by "speakers creative SB X-Fi. Default device. The only other listed device with a mark is "speaker/headphones realtek high definition audio not plugged in" There is a red arrow pointing down. This is in the playback tab. At the speaker icon if I click on it the choice selected is "speaker (creative SB X-Fi). The sound card is the same. I did not change it.

The sound card is the same. I did not change it.
    But which sound card are you talking about? Is it in a slot or is it built into the motherboard? If it is in the slot, then that would be the Creative card and you wouldn't be using the Realtek audio.

Can you post a screenshot?

Are you sure you plugged into the Creative card's audio output port? I'd try all the ports on the Creative card first. It sounds like that may be overriding the Realtek onboard audio.

So it was working fine and then just stopped working one day?

I have sound!!!!!!! The sound card is a Creative card in a slot. I made sure the selection on the speaker icon had "speaker (creative SB X-Fi)" ,Which I had done before. Then I tried all the audio ports. The green one let me have sound. Why it worked this time I don't know. There are no audio ports except on the sound card. Yes it was working one day and not the next. I don't know how to post screen shots. Thank you very much!

Well, I guess we don't need the screenshots now. Had I known you had a Creative card, we would have figured this out sooner. Glad you finally got it working.

Thread Information