computer-ACPIx64 based pc
Windows 10

In the "control panel" under "sound, video, and "game" there is
NVIDIA vitual audio device (wave extensible)WDM

Realtek high definition audio control panel

then I get a box that says "sound" with tabs that say "playback" "recording" "sounds" "communications" and a statement that says "select a playback device below to modify the settings" there are three choices "speakers/headphones" "realtek digital output" and "realtek HDMI output" By the "speakers/headphone" icon is a red arrow pointing down saying "not plugged in" By the "realtek digital output" icon it says "realtek high definition audio ready" By the "realtek HDMI output" it says "realtek high definition audio default device" and the is a checkmark by the icon. Under the "recording" tab the jackmic microphone and line in it says not plugged in. I am running my sound through a stereo receiver using the "Aux". The sound was working yesterday. I unplugged an reinstalled all the connections. Tried updating the drivers. They were all current. Ran the troubleshooter. I don't know what isn't "plugged in" and nothing was changed. I don't know if any of this will help. Let me know if you need more info. Thanks.