Scaling the display
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scaling the display

Scaling the display

I'm using a 42" 10080p TV as my monitor and all is well except I need to scale the display to fit the screen. Half the Taskbar is off the screen and the Start button is not visible.

Card is a Geforce GT 620 but there is no scaling option in the GeForce tools, nor could I find a scaling option in win 7.

How is it done?

Thanks - rev

What is the exact make/model of the TV?
    What kind of connection are you using (HDMI, DVI, VGA)?
    What resolution are you using?
    Is the TV the only display you are using? What were you using before?

>What is the exact make/model of the TV?
    Make: Atvio
    Model: ATV-24

>What kind of connection are you using (HDMI, DVI, VGA)?
    HDMI

>What resolution are you using?
    1920 x 1080

>Is the TV the only display you are using? What were you using before?
    Yes, it's the only display. I was using a computer monitor before but it was older so it couldn't do a high res image.

I've been playing with the custom dpi but the more it fits the screen, the larger everything gets until there's no point in having a better monitor.

I've never heard of Atvio before. You said it was a 42", but my google searches say 24". Which is it? Plus the results seem to all be in Spanish.

1920 x 1080
    What do the monitor specs say? I'm having a hard time finding any documentation on an Atvio ATV-24. Make sure the video card resolution matches the TV.

TV Atvio 24 Pulgadas 720p HD LED ATV-24
    No, I would not expect all that great a resolution.

We need confirmation of the TV specs. 1080p 42" and 720p 24" are very different.

If it's 720p, then the resolution should be more like 1280x720.

It's definitely 1080p, the size is definitely 24" (42 was a transpositional typo)

I'm in Mexico, so of course all the crap is in Spanish.

I don't speak Spanish, so I can't be much help there. Unless you can find a user's guide or manual, we'll just be guessing. Basically, you need to set the resolution to match the TV.

I found this video, but I'm not sure if it's the exact same model. It says Atvio TV2416, 720p, 1366x768
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujh_NPa_Jbo

That vid was a thrill, I learned how to take the monitor out of the box. I installed the latest GeForce driver but it has no util for resizing the screen (others do) so I'm still getting nowhere.

Did you at least try 1366x768 and/or 1280x720? Why are you so sure it's a 1080p screen?

For LCDs, you can't scale higher than the max resolution.

I've tried other resolutions but they only reduce the display size by a small amount. I know it's 1080p because I got that advice from this forum, went out and bought one and 1080p is displayed in the top corner when I turn on the monitor.

Unfortunately, I'm at my limit if I can't get any documentation. It's usually as simple as connecting the HDMI cable, and then setting the resolution to match the LCD.

Maybe there is a setting on the TV that you need to change? If there is more than one HDMI, you could try a different port.

My bro has the Nvidia Control Panel on his machine, it appears to be capable of fixing the issue by either aspect ratio, dpi scaling or resolution. I did not get that with the latest driver but if I can get a copy that should fix it.

I found the solution:

Open Nvidia Control Panel > Adjust Desktop Size and Position > Size tab > Enable resizing > Resize > drag faders until screen fits.

The control panel does get installed with the latest driver but it sometimes doesn't show up in Windows Control Panel. The solution to that is to set Windows Control Panel to 'Large Icons.' Then it shows up and can be invoked.

Thanks for your help!

Thread Information