HOw can I contact Google about a bogus telephone technician claiming to be a Google

Thread: HOw can I contact Google about a bogus telephone technician claiming to be a Google

HOw can I contact Google about a bogus telephone technician claiming to be a Google

I think I have been hacked.

WHile trying to change a gmail passwordI was instructed to call a number and I was connected to a technician who said he was from Google. SOmehow he managed to get into my PC and may have crippled it. I am still checking that out.

HE gave me a song-and-dance that my Pc (which was working fine) had been hacked but he did not sound legit.I got his phone number and called him back and he picked up.

DOes anyone know how I can report the incident to Google? THanks .... bkar

jdc2000: Thanks for your so prompt reply. I will follow up per the links you sent me.

FWIW, the jokers I ran into somehow disabled my Dell Desktop and I was in a panic. But I called Dell support and a young woman there guided me through a restore and restart (that took over 30 minutes) and restored everything. Whew! Hurray for Dell; I'll never buy any other. ... bkar

I am not sure where you got a phone number to call Google from (same thing goes for a number to call Microsoft), but 99.9995% of the time when you see a phone number for Google or Microsoft, it is really a number to call scammers at the boiler room in Mumbai, where they will steal any personal information you give them and install malware on your computer for you.

I just had a message left on my voice mail that Microsoft had terminated all of the Windows services on my computer because my license had expired. It left me a phone number to call to avoid losing my services. I ignored it.

Thread Information