SCAM ??

Thread: SCAM ??

SCAM ??

I got a phone call yesterday from a person with a foreign sounding voice saying they were checking my computer and said nothing is wrong with the computer
    but 2 people and he gave names were using my IP address and could send things that would be traced back to my computer. He wanted me to turn on the
    computer to show me how to fix this and said he would not have to take over my computer. I smelled a rat and told him no. He call back again and called
    again today. All he wanted to to was for me to turn on my computer. IS there a way he can get into my computer or IP if I just turn on the computer?
    He also wanted to know if my phone was connected to my computer. My computer is connected directly to my router.

Jerry
    Last edited by jerryhillman; November 10th, 2017 at 01:54 PM.

My computer is connected directly to my router. My phone is also connected through the router.

IS there a way he can get into my computer or IP if I just turn on the computer?
    No. It is a scam. They would have directed you to a website to download and install a remote control program so they'd get access to your computer or other malware of some sort. No one will ever call you like that about computer problems. They are all scams. Just hang up. If you're feeling mischievous you can string them along for a while like I did a few years ago.. Just don't give them ANY real info and pretend to do what they tell you to do.

http://discussions.virtualdr.com/sho...d-phone-caller

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Thread Information