Hi all,

I did a Forum search for this issue but didn't really find anything that helped.

To follow the "sticky-note" thread with instructions on info to include in the thread:

O/S: Win7 Pro 64-bit
S/W version: MS Word 2010
Internet: Google fiber optic via CAT6 cable
AV: BitDefender Total Internet Security 2018

In brief, I've had a number of Word 2010 docs spontaneously change to "Read-Only," i.e. without a request to do so. I would add that, at home, I don't have occasion to mark docs "Read Only" anyway.

I right-clicked the file in Windows Explorer; the "Read Only" box was NOT checked. I tried checking it and then unchecking it again, then clicking on "Apply," but that did nothing.

I finally did a "Save-As" and appended the filename with "Rev1," but when I reopened it, it was still in "Read Only" mode. As with the original file, I tried checking the "Read Only" box and then unchecking it again, then clicking on "Apply," but that again did nothing.

I have no idea how my docs are suddenly becoming "Read Only," or how to remove them from that status. I did google the issue, but on reading the results, no one seemed to have a solution, or know why this is happening.

Thanks in advance,
David G.