I am using a Bamboo Fun Tablet (an old one) and I don't have a mouse installed on my computer. Since earlier today, I noticed that I can no longer click and drag to select a large amount of text or a word.

I tried restarting my computer, thinking it was just "tired". It seemed to work for a few minutes (I was in the process of using MailChimp to write a newsletter) but didn't last.

I thought of trying a different page. I was able to select a username while logging into my site. But that only worked a couple of times before it stopped.

I reinstalled the most recent driver for my tablet and rebooted again. Same issue.

I visited the forum on my site, and I cannot select any text.
Even while typing in here, I cannot select text.
The only way I can select a block of text is to click at the beginning of the text, hold the Shift key and click at the end.

On the other hand, I can select text in a Word document, in an email (using Outlook), and i can select the url in the bar on top in Chrome.

While I changed browser to Firefox, I can select any text in my forum, or the other sites/pages I could not select text on, in Chrome.

I checked and my chrome is said to be up-to-date with Version 62.0.3202.89 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Maybe this version is buggy?? I don't remember doing an active update of Chrome today. Maybe it is automatic?