Seeking opinions about 2-step verification

Thread: Seeking opinions about 2-step verification

Seeking opinions about 2-step verification

I'm a seller on AMZ and there's a big controversy about their 2-step verification to sign in. If we have a device, like a phone, we have to have a special code to sign in.

Anyway, this is my question. I know this is to stop hackers and such, but what is preventing sites from asking us to log-in with a password two times! In other words, we have one log-in name, and then below that we have to sign in 2 times using two different passwords.

Is there some coding law that prevents that?
    2-step verification: Two-Step Verification is Mandatory by November 1
    Oct 20, 2017
    We want to make sure that all Seller accounts are more secure during and after the holiday season. To accomplish this, we require all Seller Central users to enable Two-Step Verification (2SV) before November 1. After that date, you will not be able to sign into Seller Central until you enable 2SV. Make sure that you and anyone with permissions for your account have enabled 2SV in order to ensure uninterrupted access to Seller Central.

A lot of us are having Problems with this process and don't really want to do it.

This idea does not seem to be very well though out by Amazon personnel. Suppose you don't have a cell phone or cell service? Plus, it makes your cell phone even more attractive to thieves. If there was actually a way to set this up without requiring a cell phone, it might be worthwhile. It doesn't really do much though, as it is possible to intercept or redirect text messages, although it would make it more trouble for hackers.

Possible useful links:

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/for...art=0&start=60

http://www.cpcstrategy.com/blog/2017...-verification/

Thread Information