Can't use normal startup option to boot up.

Thread: Can't use normal startup option to boot up.

Can't use normal startup option to boot up.

Hi. I have a new pc build and ever since I haven't been able to use Normal Startup to boot from. Right now it's on Selective Startup. I have tried to select Normal Startup in Safe Boot. The pc will boot into Safe mode okay. I don't know if it makes any difference because everything seems to act fine. Like nothing ever happened. It bothers me a little because I know it's not right. Could it have something to do with my Services? So is there a way to get it to boot in Normal mode? What can I do next? Thanks for the help.

What version of Windows 10 do you have - Home, Pro, etc.

What happens when you try to boot in Normal mode?
    What error message(s), if any do you get?

What do you have disabled in Selective mode?

Did it never boot into Normal mode, even with a new clean installation of Windows?

Quote Originally Posted by jdc2000 View Post
    What version of Windows 10 do you have - Home, Pro, etc.

What happens when you try to boot in Normal mode?
    What error message(s), if any do you get?

What do you have disabled in Selective mode?
    Did it never boot into Normal mode, even with a new clean installation of Windows?
    jdc2000, I have Windows Home. If I try to boot into Normal mode, it just goes back to Selective mode by itself. No error messages. Your last question I am unsure of. All I can tell you is that ever since I built the pc, it has been like that. And as far as I know it has never booted into Normal mode. Here again I may have to live with it this way since everything seems fine with it to date. Thanks.

Check Event Viewer to see if there are any clues as to why it is not booting normally.

Have you used msconfig to disable anything?

Quote Originally Posted by jdc2000 View Post
    Check Event Viewer to see if there are any clues as to why it is not booting normally.

Have you used msconfig to disable anything?
    jdc2000. I really don't understand the Event Viewer. I looked at it, but I can't tell anything about it. I did use Msconfig to disable everything, but then I clicked able everything. All services have a check mark on them now. That's okay jdc2000. I can live with it. My pc runs fine the way it is now. I just don't like little things like this not working correctly the way their supposed to be set. I have read on the internet that a lot of people have Selective Startup as their means to boot. It may not be normal, but everything works so far. Thanks for now.

Thread Information