I have one hard drive that I saved all my music and videos to over the years. Recently I got rid of a hard drive that had gone bad, put in new CPU and case fans. Bsically had everything disconnected. Once I put the computer back together my media hard drive was listed under a different drive identifier it was "H Media Harddrive" now it's "E Media Harddrive" all the files are still there and play just fine when I click on them one at a time. But, if I try to select them from windows media player it simply says file does not exist and If I try copying them directly to my C drive or somewhere else I get: Error "could not find this item. This is no longer located in H:..... Verify the item's location and try again"

So, How do I get the files to reflect the correct Drive identifier?

I've tried deleting the abbreviated file name in the command prompt, as suggested by several after a quick google search and all that did was delete the file that I didn't want to delete.

I don't want to delete anything. I just want the computer to recognize those files again.

Any ideas? Will changing the drive back to H fix it? I have an external Hard drive that is using H now it it seems to be working fine.