[RESOLVED] Computer and printer not connected

Thread: [RESOLVED] Computer and printer not connected

Resolved [RESOLVED] Computer and printer not connected

Using Win 10, Lenovo 770 laptop, Epsom WF 3640 printer, WiFi network. No difficulties at all for over a year in printing until this morning. I tried to print and the computer says the printer is not on. The printer was on, but I turned it off for a whole minute and turned it back on. Computer again says it is not on. I used the copier function to make sure the printer is working. It copied. I checked the WiFi signal on the printer. Good signals indicated. I used the Network trouble shooter in Win 10 and it said the printer was not on. I restarted the computer and again I got the message the printer was not on. Again I turned the printer off for a minute, back on and went to the computer and clicked the next button after restarting the printer, and there was green arrow showing the problem was solved. But when I tried printing, the computer said the printer was off. I went to the printer and even though the WiFi signal indicated it was strong, I thought I would do a set up for the printer again, so I started the Setup Wizard, I think it is called, and after 2 or 3 minutes with the little icon turning and turning, the message came up that the computer could not be found, but the WiFi signal was still showing strong. But the computer is on. What is the next sequence I can try? Thank's for your assistance.
    JGB

Uninstall the printer, reboot and try re-installing.
    Did you try the printer trouble shooter?

I had used the printer trouble shooter. And I did all the uninstalling and reinstalling as you suggested. It did not resolve the issue. I rebooted the router and that was the issue. In the re-installation there is a window asking whether this is the first time to set up the printer or is it already on the network. I selected already on the network, since it was giving me all the info on the network at the printer, but the printer would indicate the compute was not on. So, the only thing left, I thought, was reboot the router. BINGO, back at the computer when I indicated the printer was on the network, it came up in about 5 seconds. Thank you for your suggestions. Perhaps this trail will be of benefit to some else.
    JGB

Need to put the router on a UPS as voltage drops will cause them to latch up like that.

Have my router and modem on a UPS after learning the hard way myself.

Good idea. Oddly enough, everything else worked. I was online, the TV was working correctly and the phone was, too. So the computer was on the WiFi and the printer was getting a good strength signal as was my phone. So, somehow with all this working, the computer could not connect with the printer, and the printer kept saying the computer was off until I rebooted it. Again, thanks for your assistance and comments.
    JGB

You are Welcome.
    That is the way a latch up can work.

Thread Information