[RESOLVED] Two new networks in "Network" in File Manager

Thread: [RESOLVED] Two new networks in "Network" in File Manager

Resolved [RESOLVED] Two new networks in "Network" in File Manager

In File Manager under Network, two new networks have appeared without me making them. The one named "Bills" is the one I created originally and when I click on it I see the networked printer and the various shared folders on both computers.

When I try to access "readyshare" nothing happens and no resources are shown. this one showed up earlier today.

When I try to access "desktop-60gp315" I am asked for a username and password and the popup indicates a failed access due to wrong username or password. This one showed up about an hour after the first one.

There is some possibility that my wife did something to create these, but she is not home at the moment, and I don't think she was on her computer this morning at all. She would, in any case, have no clue as to how to create a network.

Attaching screen shot. networks.jpg

Oh, sorry, Win 7 home premium with wired connection to Netgear C7000 router/cable modem. Other computer is Win 10 with wireless connection. Printer is wireless connection. Windows firewall in on for both computers, Avast on both computers and up to date.
    Last edited by Bill Heffner; September 26th, 2017 at 12:13 PM.

Available on many NETGEAR routers, ReadySHARE USB lets you plug in even more capabilities and convenient features through your router’s USB port. These include USB storage you can wirelessly access at home, free software to easily backup your PC or Mac, wirelessly printing from any PC or Mac and the ability to play, view, listen to, and share your videos, photos, and music on DNLA connected TVs, game consoles, or media players.
    https://www.netgear.com/home/discover/apps/readyshare.aspx
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

You mean you have 2 new network CLIENTS, not networks.

desktop-60gp315 is probably the name that was generated for the other computer. Check Control Panel > System for the computer name.

As SRJ mentioned, Readyshare is a feature of Netgear routers. Totally normal.

Yes, it is. Wierd, I never saw them visible before. Thanks for the input. Not that it matters, but any clue as to why, the whole time I have been using File Manager, they have never shown up and now do?

Did you change any services or network settings recently? If the other computer is off, then it obviously wouldn't appear, but the Readyshare should have been seen.

If you don't want to use Readyshare, you can always disable it in the router configuration.

Did you change any services or network settings recently?
    No, but it occurs to me that I may have clicked on the little arrow that expands the folder for the first time; and that previously all I was seeing was the folder name without any of the contents. That makes me feel like a real idiot. I will mark this thread resolved, but would rather mark it "never mind, the poster is an idiot."

Thanks again.

Thread Information