Not able to copy and Paste from one screen to another screen

Thread: Not able to copy and Paste from one screen to another screen

Not able to copy and Paste from one screen to another screen

Have you had this problem? (Boy these problems are coming daily, maybe I need a new computer?)
    Anyway, I'm trying to Copy paste written material from the screen of one website to the screen of another site. For example,
    I'm inputting information to an Ebay Description box. I copy the info from Site 1 into Ebay site 2. But it does not copy. Try 1, 2, 3 times. Undo and redo, doesn't happen.
    I changed the optical wireless mouse to wired mouse and the same thing happens. So it doesn't matter what mouse it is.
    (The solution for me is to type in the information, jumping from one screen to another)
    Why does the mouse not copy/paste? This has been going on for 2 days.

What web browser(s) are you using?

Does the text that you want to copy highlight as expected when selecting it?

If yes, try this: Open Notepad, then select the text that you want to copy from web site A, press Control-C on the keyboard to copy it, then click the mouse on the Notepad text area so the blinking vertical bar cursor appears in Notepad, then press Control-V on the keyboard. Does the text paste into Notepad? If yes, then highlight the text from Notepad and press Control-C to copy, then see if you can paste it into web site B.

When you copy text from a web browser, you are usually copying a lot more than just the text, you are also getting the font, formatting, etc., which may not be compatible with where you want to post it.

Yes I can highlight the text. Then I either Rt click copy of Ctrl+c copy and then paste. It happens everytime even when I go to copy to Word document.
    It seems all these problems started when the machine (automatically) upgraded to Win 10. Never had these problems with win7.
    The same old info-text copies into the Notepad.

I copied some info from the THR.com website into Word. Now when I go to another website and copy paste NEW info the old info copies.
    I've changed mouse, same thing happens.
    Last edited by Sal_gal; September 20th, 2017 at 07:08 PM.

It could be that I will have to restart my computer every time to "flush" out and clear out the old copy information?

You should not have to clear the old copy info from the Clipboard. Unfortunately, Microsoft removed the Clipboard Viewer from Windows 10, since they really don't want anyone seeing how Windows works. For Windows 10 you need a third party program to replace Clipboard Viewer.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...9-03bba6bd96df

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/window...manager-viewer

However, you should not need that.

Note that pasting into Microsoft Word is different than pasting into Notepad. Notepad is a simple text editor. There is no formatting available, so any formatting that the Clipboard data contains is not preserved.

Pasting into Microsoft Word attempts to preserve the formatting, with results that are sometimes undesirable. If a straight Paste (Control-v) does not work, you may have to use the Paste Special and select one of the other options besides the default "HTML Format" that you would get when pasting text copied from a web page. Try "Formatted Text (RTF)" if you want to keep the formatting, or "Unformatted Text" if you just need the straight text and will format it as you want. "Unformatted Unicode Text" would be used if you need extended characters that are not found in regular text.

Quote Originally Posted by jdc2000 View Post
    You should not have to clear the old copy info from the Clipboard. Unfortunately, Microsoft removed the Clipboard Viewer from Windows 10, since they really don't want anyone seeing how Windows works. For Windows 10 you need a third party program to replace Clipboard Viewer.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...9-03bba6bd96df

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/window...manager-viewer

However, you should not need that.

Note that pasting into Microsoft Word is different than pasting into Notepad. Notepad is a simple text editor. There is no formatting available, so any formatting that the Clipboard data contains is not preserved.

Pasting into Microsoft Word attempts to preserve the formatting, with results that are sometimes undesirable. If a straight Paste (Control-v) does not work, you may have to use the Paste Special and select one of the other options besides the default "HTML Format" that you would get when pasting text copied from a web page. Try "Formatted Text (RTF)" if you want to keep the formatting, or "Unformatted Text" if you just need the straight text and will format it as you want. "Unformatted Unicode Text" would be used if you need extended characters that are not found in regular text.
    I just downloaded the 3rd party clipboard. I don't if this work or not, but it's irritating what they've done to Win10. I cannot even begin to list.
    When I copy/paste Info#1, it doesn't clear out. If I go to Info #2 and copy/paste to Word or to an internet screen, it retains Info#1.
    If I can't get the results I want I'll just reboot.

Oh BTW, when I successfully download the Clipboard Viewer - I was then asked to download HOTCOPYPASTE, another software. Do I need that software (for a cost)?

What build version of Win10 are you using?
    https://www.howtogeek.com/236195/how...s-10-you-have/

It sounds like the clipboard is not clearing when you copy a new item. You could manually clear the clipboard, but it's a hassle.
    http://www.sysprobs.com/simple-tip-h...s-10-8-1-and-7

Run sfc /scannow and make sure you've installed Windows Updates.
    http://www.windowswally.com/how-to-f...in-windows-10/

You should not need any paid software to get Copy and Paste working properly in Windows 10.

Quote Originally Posted by jdc2000 View Post
    You should not need any paid software to get Copy and Paste working properly in Windows 10.
    Thanks all, seems to be working. I ran scannow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal_gal View Post
    Thanks all, seems to be working. I ran scannow.
    The reason why that error occurred, is because the Windows upgrade completed unsuccessfully, meaning, data corruption occurred during the installation phase. There are several ways to fix this, the first, is to run System File Checker (SFC), which you run, but definitely isn't the most comprehensive approach. The next is to run the DISM tool. Using the following code un Command Prompt: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth ref# https://www.compuchenna.co.uk/logonui-exe/

DISM is designed to restore the integrity of your operating system, it's the best approach. The next option is to run a repair, using a USB bootable. You'll need to download the Win10 installer from Microsoft to create it.

Thread Information