AM Deadlink

Thread: AM Deadlink

AM Deadlink

What ho one and all,

I have too much stuff in my Firefox bookmarks folder so am using AM Deadlink to have a clean out. And yes, I know that I cannot deleted bookmarks form the program.

What is now listed are '404 file not found' errors in red; '0 redirected error' errors in red; and 'redirected OK' or redirected html' in blue.

The 404 I understand but what do the others errors mean? Can I delete them because they don't go anywhere?

Thanks and toodle pip

Rex
    What if the Hokey Cokey IS what it's all about?

I have not used AM Deadlink in a long time.

'404 file not found' errors in red; '0 redirected error' errors in red;
    Dead, delete it. Site no longer exists is what the basically means.

'redirected OK' or redirected html' in blue
    That means the links are still good but are being redirected to a different website.

I also have not used it in a long time. I know 404 is dead, but wondered what the other two colours mean.

It is a drag having to go through each 404 and delete individually. Do you know of another program that will check FF bookmarks and delete all the 404s?

I was able to highlight and delete the 404s all at once. Darn if I remember how I did it though.

The normal shift key business I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Train View Post
    I was able to highlight and delete the 404s all at once. Darn if I remember how I did it though.

The normal shift key business I suspect.
    Don't think one can delete from Firefox. The best I have come up with is to export FF bookmarks as an html file, import into AMD and do it. Deleting is possible, then save the file. Unfortunately, in my version, they only Save option is either comma or tab delineated, which is useless for importing into FF.

So I have printed the AMD list (even that is not possible but used Firestone Capture) and from within FF, working my way, line by line, down the list.

Can't believe there is not a plug-in of some sort that allows easy management of the Bookmarks. (Don't suggest that I write one; wouldn't know where to start.)

We sure could use the tool.

Thread Information