Cell phone block everyone in the universe app or service

Thread: Cell phone block everyone in the universe app or service

Hybrid View

Cell phone block everyone in the universe app or service

I have a Verizon Samsung flip phone that is sort of smart, but the owner/operator is dumb. I have it strictly for emergencies and work. If I did not need it for work I would not even own a cell phone. I receive or make an average of one legitimate call every two or three days. I receive an average of five to ten illegitimate and/or unwanted calls every hour. What I am looking for is an app or service that will block every call from anywhere in the universe, except for numbers that I personally enter into a (very short) whitelist. Does this exist?
    God save thee Windows users, from the fiends that plague thee thus.

Windows7, NOD32

Verizon Samsung flip phone that is sort of smart
    What is the exact model number? I've never seen a smart flip-phone in the US, so I doubt you'd be able to run apps on it.

Samsung does make Android flip phones, but only for the Korean market.

Quote Originally Posted by Midknyte View Post
    What is the exact model number? I've never seen a smart flip-phone in the US, so I doubt you'd be able to run apps on it.

Samsung does make Android flip phones, but only for the Korean market.
    I cannot find a model number. Where would I find it? The only thing I can find is a little sticker on one corner that says "QUALCOMM 3G CDMA".

Windows7, NOD32

The model number is probably in the battery compartment. I'm pretty sure it's a proprietary OS, so you'd need to look in the manual to see if there is a white-listing option.

Otherwise, you could try contacting Verizon. I'm not a Verizon user, so maybe someone else will have a suggestion.

The model number is probably in the battery compartment. I'm pretty sure it's a proprietary OS, so you'd need to look in the manual to see if there is a white-listing option.

Otherwise, you could try contacting Verizon. I'm not a Verizon user, so maybe someone else will have a suggestion.
    Ok, thanks. The model number is SM-B690 UD

I read somewhere that the telecommunications act of 1934 requires telephone carriers to complete every call. Consumers are allowed to blacklist specific numbers, but some interpret the act such that blocking all numbers except a whitelist would be illegal under the act. I filed a complaint yesterday about one number. After filing the complaint, I thought to do a reverse look up of the number. The number belonged to a local legitimate plumbing business. It was not that business that made the "reduce your credit card interest rate" scam call. Scammers obviously are now able to spoof local numbers when they call from god knows where. So a blacklist would be as useless as the do-not-call registry has become. A block everyone except a whitelist would be the only defense as far as I can see.
    Last edited by Mowergun; August 24th, 2017 at 06:56 PM.

Windows7, NOD32

That is definitely not a smart phone. Download the user manual:
    http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/pho...m-b690vbkavzw/

On pg. 133 of the manual, it says you can set Incoming calls to Contacts only.

That is definitely not a smart phone. Download the user manual:
    http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/pho...m-b690vbkavzw/

On pg. 133 of the manual, it says you can set Incoming calls to Contacts only.
    Thank you very much. That is exactly what I wanted. As I said in my initial post, this owner/operator is dumb, at least about new fangled stuff.

I'm looking forward to peace and quiet. Thanks again.

Windows7, NOD32

Incoming caller ID numbers are easily faked, which is a common tactic used by phone scammers.

Quote Originally Posted by jdc2000 View Post
    Incoming caller ID numbers are easily faked, which is a common tactic used by phone scammers.
    Yeah, seems that way. I just wish there was a button I could push that would send the actual GPS co-ordinates of the scammers real location to a MIRV'ed ICBM somewhere in North Dakota and then push the "Launch" button.

Windows7, NOD32

Thread Information