suspicious

Thread: suspicious

Hybrid View

suspicious

Probably just me, but of late, running Win 10 64 bit pro, I've been getting a message to the affect: Your PC ran into some problems. We're collecting information and will restart, etc. Seems legit, but am curious. I don't always shutdown the PC, but now and again do get this sort of message. Explanation? Thanks, Jim S.
    Jim S.

I'm assuming you mean like this:
    https://www.wintips.org/fix-your-pc-...n-windows-8-1/

Did you look at Event Viewer for errors? Did you run any virus/malware scans? There's really no way for us to know unless you get more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Midknyte View Post
    I'm assuming you mean like this:
    https://www.wintips.org/fix-your-pc-...n-windows-8-1/

Did you look at Event Viewer for errors? Did you run any virus/malware scans? There's really no way for us to know unless you get more info.
    That's it! When the system reboots, everything is fine. No problems. So, from now on, I think I'll just shutdown the computer, daily, and be done with it. Leaving it on for a few days or sleeping seems to invite the message. Have done Defender and Super Antispyware utilities, and everything seems fine, so that's out of the equation, I think. Best to turn the pc off daily, and be done with the problem. This unit is using an ME drive, but don't think that's a problem. Much thanks. Jim s.
    Jim S.

Thread Information