Bluetooth on Samsung RV52O (64bit) Windows 7 - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bluetooth on Samsung RV52O (64bit) Windows 7

What do you mean "run Setuo.exe is not showing up"? You don't see a Setup.exe in the folders?

I just downloaded the file. There are 2 folders, Broadcom and Intel. Both of them have a Setup.exe file in them. Try the Broadcom one first, and if that doesn't work, try the Intel one.

Hi Midknyte,
    The Samsung Support`s Agent told me that Windows 7 is no longer supporting Bluetooth. If I want the Bluetooth I have to update Windows to 8 or 10.
    Sorry for the hard time that I gave you.
    Thank you so much.

That sounds like the Samsung "support agent" just wanted to get you off the phone. Bluetooth is still supported on Windows 7.

When you look at the contents of the folders, you should see "Setup.exe" (if you have Windows set to show file extensions), or "Setup" if you don't. Post a screen capture of what you are seeing in the folders.

Guys,
    Another Samsung "support agent" spent 3 hours trying to install the driver ( He took control of my mouse and keyboard ) and Gave up!
    Also, I went to Best Buy store and I asked the computer`s technician to install it, and, after 1 hour trying, he said that he could not install.
    I was wondering if you guys would try to install the driver taking remotely control of my computer, if that`s not against the Forums rules.
    Thanks

I downloaded Bluetooth Driver 4.0.4.334 from Motorola. It`s in Registry Editor:
    Motorola
    Bluetooth
    - btmshell
    - Device Manager
    - DID
    - Media Service
    - OBExService
    - Plugins

After installation I restarted the computer and I checked Device Manager: It`s not there !

Did you run the Broadcom and Intel Setup.exe files like I said? If you tried both of them, then you should have tried "Bluetooth ver. 2.3.0.0" next.

As jdc2000 said, please post a screenshot of the folders you extracted from the "Bluetooth WXP 1.2.0.0" zip file.

Why are you installing Motorola drivers? If you don't have Motorola hardware, then of course you wouldn't see it in Device Manager.

Midknyte,
    When a pressed RUN Setup.exe of Broadcom and Intel nothing happened. That`s why I asked Samsung Agent for help. I did try both drivers 1.2.0.0 and 2.3.0.0. and it was the same.
    Then, I clean everything. I can`t post the screenshot of the folders.
    You said that you installed the driver on your machine and everything was ok. Can you, please, tell me step by step of your installation ( where to save, open with, etc,,,) then I can do exactly the same way that you did.
    Thanks

How to post screenshots:

http://discussions.virtualdr.com/sho...ng-screenshots

Set Windows Explorer to show Details, and to show file extensions FIRST, before making the screen shots.

Show Details:
    To set the default view for all folders and files to details, follow the four steps described on the Microsoft Support site:

•Locate and open the folder that has the view setting that you want to use for all folders.
    •On the Tools menu, click Folder Options.
    •On the View tab, click Apply to All Folders.

Show file extensions:
    Displaying the File Extension in Windows Vista and Windows 7

•Click the Start menu. ...
    •Type "folder options" (without the quotes). ...
    •A dialog box with the title "Folder Options" will appear. ...
    •Click to uncheck the box for "Hide extensions for known file types".
    •Click the "OK" button at the bottom of the dialog box.

jdc2000,
    As I said above, I can`t send you the screenshots because I already cleaned everything.
    What I`m asking is if Midknyte could tell me step by step of the driver`s installation he did on his machine ( where to save, open with, etc,,,) then I could do exactly the same way that he did, because he said everything was working perfectly.
    Thank you guys

I never said I installed the drivers; I only EXTRACTED them from the zip file. I can't install the drivers because I don't have the same laptop as you.

Bluetooth ver. 1.2.0.0 is only for Win2k/XP. Use 2.3.0.0.

These are the basics:
    1. download the drivers zip file
    2. extract drivers zip file to a folder (right-click on the zip file, go to 7-Zip > Extract Here)
    3. open the Broadcom folder
    4. double-click on Setup.exe

If that doesn't work, go into the Intel folder and double-click on Inst.exe.

Why did you uninstall the Bluetooth drivers in the first place? If you called Samsung support twice and they couldn't help you, something is fishy.

One additional note in addition to Midknyte's info:

You should NOT delete the downloaded driver file packages until you get the driver re-installed properly. Even then, you should save a copy of the downloaded file(s) that you used to get the drivers re-installed, in ccase you need them again. You cannot rely on them being available for download in the future.

Midknyte,
    Following your instruction, everything goes right until wizard installation. Once here, the installation starts and, after a while, disappears !!!
    It happened several times.

The installation may fail if you have the Bluetooth radio turned off via a Hardware switch. Check the user manual and the keyboard. See if there is a key combination that turns of the wireless radios, and make sure that they are turned on.

There is no key combination and both are ON.

Does the Bluetooth radio show up in Device Manager?

Are there any items in Event Viewer that might be related to the install failure?

You could try creating a second Administrator user account (or enabling the built-in Administrator account - see the link below), and then log in to that account and try the install again.

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...windows-vista/

Thread Information