BOOTABLE WIN XP

Thread: BOOTABLE WIN XP

BOOTABLE WIN XP

I ordered a BOOTABLE WIN XP off ebay. The seller say this version can be installed without a product key. Is he right and what is a bootable win xp cd.
    The price was only $6.00 so I got this one.

Jerry

I think I would ask questions BEFORE making the order. Then again, six bucks isn't too much to lose.

All XP Install cd's are bootable.
    Most XP cd's that don't need a key code are illegal. Is there any fine print that says it's a DELL or HP cd? If so, those might be legit...BUT will only work on a Dell or HP computer.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

There are also some XP install CD's (and other Windows OS versions as well) that come on home made/altered CD/DVD's with extra built in illegal applications that bypass Windows own ability to check for a key code during the boot process. They basically trick Windows into thinking it's been installed with a legit key.

You may find that after you install the OS and then an antivirus program it will detect the illegal software and try to delete it.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

The CD they sent me was a WINDOWS XP PRO 32 BIT Setup Repair & System Recovery Re-Install Disc. It did install Win XP but some functions
    don't work because no product code was entered. My old XP disc was OEM for one computer. I have that key but I cannot find where to enter it.
    Will the XP program keep working and what functions do I loose withpit a key entered? Will my OEM XP key work?

Jerry

Thread Information