NVIDIA driver update slows boot.

Thread: NVIDIA driver update slows boot.

NVIDIA driver update slows boot.

Since I made the mistake of installing the following optional update on july 11 2017 (I never do) :"NVIDIA display driver update released in december 2016". On restart, and all the following ones, it take long time to boot, 3-4 minutes, as before was just seconds. My question is: what it is for, and where do I look for to uninstall it?
    Thanks in advance, as always.

Device Manager>Display adapter>[double click entry]>roll back driver.

You can use this to get to device manager easily...

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge...er-in-windows/

If that doesn't help it's possible that the driver package that Microsoft gave you also had some extra software in it that's causing problems so in that case you can uninstall that update in Windows Update> Installed updates> right click that driver update> uninstall

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Quote Originally Posted by fink View Post
    Device Manager>Display adapter>[double click entry]>roll back driver.

You can use this to get to device manager easily...

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge...er-in-windows/

If that doesn't help it's possible that the driver package that Microsoft gave you also had some extra software in it that's causing problems so in that case you can uninstall that update in Windows Update> Installed updates> right click that driver update> uninstall
    Thank you Fink for answering
    the following are all drivers pre loading problems, all loaded on 11/7/17:
    NVIDIA3D VISION DR .376.54
    NVIDIA GRAPHIC DR.376.54
    NVIDIAHD AUDIODR. 1.3.34.17
    VULCAN RUNTIME LIBRARIES 1.0.26.0 LUNARG
    ADOBE FLUSH PL. 26NPAPI
    Should I start disinstalling onebyone to see results?
    On dev/manager there weren'nt any yellow marks. W.updates doesn't give chance to uninstall.
    thanks again

I would roll back the graphics driver in device manager despite there not being any warning icons.
    Where did that list come from? And which operating system are you using? I assume it's not Win 10
    since you said the original update was offered and Win 10 doesn't offer, it just installs on its own.

Also, if it's Win 7 or any system before Win 10 you may be able to find a fairly recent Windows Restore Point to go back to a state before that update was installed. If it is Win 10 then you would have had to manually created one since 10 no longer does that by default.

I would roll back the graphics driver in device manager despite there not being any warning icons.
    Where did that list come from? And which operating system are you using? I assume it's not Win 10
    since you said the original update was offered and Win 10 doesn't offer, it just installs on its own.

Also, if it's Win 7 or any system before Win 10 you may be able to find a fairly recent Windows Restore Point to go back to a state before that update was installed. If it is Win 10 then you would have had to manually created one since 10 no longer does that by default.
    thank you Fink
    W8.1 Programs and futures where I could disinstall ( It also shows on W.Updates chronologies, but not in 3 specifics, just 1 update). I have to say that just before the loading date (july11/17) I had video loading problems, ending right about the NVIDIA installs, and since I was trying to fix it, I assume to have generated some kind of self fixing conducing to new drivers installs. I cant figure though, all the manipulations I tried. Regarding RESTORE POINTS, it give me one positioning right on july11/17 at 8.46am, seconds before NVIDIA installs. I would loose also all the many others important security installs after. Peculiar, isn'it, the precise time offer from the "machine".
    thanks again

LENOVO-PC2
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz, 4 core, 4 processori logici X64
    BIOS LENOVO IEKT26AUS, 22/07/2014 - SMBIOS 2.7
    (RAM) 4,00 GB
    Windows 8.1 Versione 6.3.9600 build 9600
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745
    Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller - Ethernet 802.3
    CHKDSK C: /spotfix
    NVIDIA - Display - 12/29/2016 12:00:00 AM - 21.21.13.7654 Data di installazione: 08:49 ‎11/‎07/‎2017
    Last edited by cima2003; July 15th, 2017 at 04:30 AM.

Peculiar, isn'it, the precise time offer from the "machine".
    Actually that's what we'd expect to see since Windows makes a restore point automatically just before installing updates. Yes, you'd lose the other updates made after that restore date/time but they would be re-offered pretty quickly afterwards.

I'm not quite understanding when you say " I had video loading problems, ending right about the NVIDIA installs". Are you saying that you had problems playing videos and tried to fix them by updating the video drivers?

In any case I'd suggest reverting back to the old drivers by one of the methods available.

Actually that's what we'd expect to see since Windows makes a restore point automatically just before installing updates. Yes, you'd lose the other updates made after that restore date/time but they would be re-offered pretty quickly afterwards.

I'm not quite understanding when you say " I had video loading problems, ending right about the NVIDIA installs". Are you saying that you had problems playing videos and tried to fix them by updating the video drivers?

In any case I'd suggest reverting back to the old drivers by one of the methods available.
    No Fink, I didn't actually went disinstalling and reinstalling drivers, as I noticed video problems, I don't remember what I actually did, was some of those automatic windows search for better drivers and problems resolution that you usually start on getting some problem. But I was thinking, given the timing, that better drivers where installed because of that autosearch.
    Reverting back drivers you mean disinstalling and reinstalling? disinstalling OK but reinstalling where do I get them? or just restore to the point windows suggest?
    thanks

When you revert or roll back the drivers Windows automatically installs the ones that were used previously. Whether you do it in device manager or in system restore. The advantage of doing it from device manager is that it only re-installs the old video drivers and not the other updates as discussed above.

Thread Information